This post includes in-depth information of GoBot2 and it's step by step removal solution. In case, if your System is contaminated with this malware and you are really in search of it's deletion solution then go through this expert's guide completely.
GoBot2 : Identified As Another Dangerous Backdoor Malware
Over the Internet, there are thousand of malicious malware capable to target wide range of PC. But among all, GoBot2 is one of the hot topic these days that is written in the Go programming language of Google. Actually, it is based on the open source project, so anyone can easily obtain the source code and then create another variant or new malware. If you think that it is new malware then you are wrong because first of all, it's attack was noticed by security analyst on March 2017. But recently, an updated version of GoBot2 named GoBotKR has been introduced by it's creator that mainly known for targeting the South Korean users. This backdoor malware actually allows it's attacker to execute the arbitrary code on compromised machine and then attach it to DDoS botnet.
A Quick View On GoBot2
- Name – GoBot2
- Type – Trojan, Malware, Backdoor
- Risk Impact – Severe
- Emerged In – March 2017
- Updated Version – GoBotKR
- Related – W64.Gobot2!gen1, Agobot Trojan, ISB.Downloader!gen282 etc.
- Written In – Go Programming Language of Google
- Mainly Target – South Korea, China and Taiwan
- Removal Recommendation – To get rid of GoBot2 easily and completely, users must make use of the Windows Scanner Tool.
Get Familiar With Capabilities of GoBot2
- Allows hackers to launch DDoS or mine cryptocurrencies.
- Capable to collect user's data regarding the infected PCs.
- Configures the network configuration setting directly to server attackers.
- Gain it's persistence by modifying Windows Registry.
- Automatically update or fix GoBot2 issue.
- Degrades overall working speed of Computer & Internet.
- Disables all security measures and the firewall setting etc.
Infectious Vector of GoBot2
GoBot2 is a worst backdoor malware that follows various illegal tactics to compromise machine but mainly distributed via torrent sites. Through this tactic, hackers often inject it's malicious code over the PC. Besides, it's developer hides its malicious payload in the renamed executable files. Additionally, it attacks user's machine via P2P network, suspicious attachment, pirated software, contaminated devices, spam campaigns and much more. As soon as GoBot2 will arrive on your PC due to any channel, it will definitely cause lots of serious troubles to you. This is why, the permanent deletion of GoBot2 is highly required after noticing of it's any symptom.
Steps to Delete GoBot2
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove GoBot2 from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find GoBot2 Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete GoBot2 virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete GoBot2 Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for GoBot2 Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to GoBot2
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete GoBot2 from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find GoBot2 related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by GoBot2 and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by GoBot2
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with GoBot2 that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of GoBot2 using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect GoBot2.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!