In-Depth Analysis Report on njRAT Lime Edition
Recently, security analysts has reported that njRAT Lime Edition has been updated with new component of ransomware infection. The noticeable thing about this variant of ransomware infection is that even in its first releases, it includes all modules that usually contained in the advanced Computer threats. Just few days ago, it has been released in latest version 0.7.8 by malware researchers. Such an infection is advertised as a malware hacking remote tool. By the team of security community, it's first public version was tracked on September 11th, 2017 which is known as 0.7.6.
The Infection Phase of njRAT Lime Edition : How it Begins
Once infiltrating upon Windows PC, first of all, it check the Windows PC and any executing debugging or the security instances. It manages to install itself in stealth manner through looking up the signatures of sandbox environments, virtual machines, networking tools, system administration software and process analysis utilities. According to the depth analysis by researcher, it might not launch itself immediately just after the infection. It uses 'sleep' function to make fool the anti-malware engine which presume that a malware would start to manipulate PC. It secretly monitors user's behavior and disables all actions that interfere with its processes. Upon the infiltration, it perform several actions including :
- The addition of a hidden client – It actually create the hidden processes and hooks new ones application to the existing applications.
- Plugin addition – The creators of such a ransomware has the ability to add the custom plugins to modular framework.
- Malware stoper – It can identify the existing infection and then after take control of them.
- Obfuscation – This ransomware has ability to copy itself and distribute over the entire PC with different names to avoid the detection of this ransomware.
Ways Through Which njRAT Lime Edition Infect Windows PC
Like other ransomware infection, njRAT Lime Edition also infiltrate inside the Windows Computer secretly without user's awareness. Most of the cases, it travels via spam campaigns. The group of cyber hackers usually sent spam messages or malicious attachments to user's inbox and trick innocent user into opening them. When Computer users open any spam message or attachment then such a ransomware secretly infiltrate inside your PC without your awareness. Besides, it can also infect your Windows System via bundling method, exploit kits, drive-by-downloads, infected game servers, botnets, pirated software, gambling or porn sites, infected devices and much more. Apart from these propagation channels, the developers of such a ransomware always changes its way to attack Windows PC. It's malicious actions will definitely ruin your Windows System PC badly, thus you should follow the provided removal instruction and delete njRAT Lime Edition immediately.
What To Do If Your PC Get Infected By njRAT Lime Edition
The ransomware infection has been mainly designed with the purpose to scare users and trick their money. It take your files on hostage and demand ransom to return your important data. But now the question is what you can do when your system got infected by njRAT Lime Edition virus? Here are some option that you can use to get rid of this nasty infection.
Don’t Panic – Well the first thing is Don’t panic and then completely check out your system for any working files. If you got any working files then copy it to USB drive.
Pay Ransom – Other option is you can pay the ransom and wait to get your files back. (really a bad option)
Use Backup – Clean you entire system files, remove the infection completely from your PC and restore your files with any backup.
Remove Infection – You can also delete njRAT Lime Edition virus using malware removal tool and remove all the infected files. You can later recover all your data by using any data recovery tool. (In case you don’t have backup of your files.) – Recommended Method.
Reinstall Windows – The last option is reinstall your Windows OS. It will completely remove all your data as well as infection. You will get a completely new infection free PC.
How To Remove njRAT Lime Edition Virus From Your PC
Step 1 – Boot your computer in Safe mode.
Step 2 – Remove the infected registry entry files.
- Click Windows Flag and R button together.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button
- Find and delete following entries.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\[njRAT Lime Edition]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[njRAT Lime Edition]
Step 3 – Remove From msconfig
- Click Windows + R buttons simultaneously.
- Type msconfig and press Enter
- Go to Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Step 4 – Restart your computer normally.
Check your computer now. If the virus has gone then you can start using your computer. If the infection still remains then head to the next step.
Step 5 – System Restore
- Insert Windows installation disk to CD drive and restart your PC.
- While system startup, keep pressing F8 or F12 key to get boot options.
- Now select the boot from CD drive option to start your computer.
- Then after you will get the System Recovery Option on your screen.
- Select the System Restore option from the list.
- Choose a nearest system restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Now follow the option on your screen to Restore your computer.
If the above manual methods didn’t removed njRAT Lime Edition virus then you have only option to remove infection using a malware removal tool. It is last and the only option that can easily and safely remove this nasty threat from your computer.
Having some alarming questions in your mind? Get your doubt cleared from our experienced tech support experts. Just go to the Ask Your Question section, fill in the details and your question. Our expert team will give you detailed reply about your query.