|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected .c0hen File Virus as threat to your computer|
|.c0hen File Virus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|F-Prot||3.4.307523||Trj.Win32..c0hen File Virus.CC|
|Avast-Mobile||1.253655||Variant of Win64/Trojan..c0hen File Virus.B|
|Suggestion: Uninstall .c0hen File Virus Completely – Free Download|
.c0hen File Virus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them AirDial 1.0041 , PatioTunes 1.9 , iLock 1.2.6 , MacsBug 6.6.3 , DuckCapture , Smart Reminder 1.0 , Litho System Icons 2.0 , Movie Screen Saver 2.1 , Flv Crunch , ViaCAD 2D/3D 9.0.1 , WikiSuche / WikiSearch 2.1 , Tipard iPad 2 to Transfer , AppleShare IP First Aid 6.3 , Carbon Declare Library 02-29-04 , AmbiLauncher 1.2.2 , NovaBench 1.1 , AlarmGame 1.0
.c0hen File Virus: Detailed Description
.c0hen File Virus is a newly discovered variant of malware belonging to a well-known family of ransomware. The said malware is extremely dangerous and has been found to be infecting several systems all across the globe. Many ransomware has been generated using the source code of this family and all these ransomware share the same objective of retrieving ransom from the affected users. .c0hen File Virus can be assumed to have been targeted for vulnerable systems of a particular region as its ransom note carries content in a local language. The ransomware is capable of encrypting files of multiple formats. It has been found out that it uses strong and secure encryption algorithm to encrypt these files and render them inaccessible to users. Soon after this attack it leaves a ransom note that informs users and asks them to contact developers behind the attack, to receive further information. Users are assumed to be left with no choice other than following attacker’s demand. However this is not true as even though the ransomware has made files inaccessible, they can still be restored as users will find out further in this post.
.c0hen File Virus has been observed to be spreading through deceiving means such as using spam mails and software bundles. The ransomware makes changes within the system’s registry to relaunch itself every time the system reboots. It can even delete windows shadow volume copies to disable restoration of files though backup option. Soon it encrypts files such as audio, video, documents, databases, images, texts, backups and archives. It has been found that .c0hen File Virus uses AES algorithm to encrypt files and adds extension to the original names of the files. This makes the encrypted files to become unrecognizable by the operating system and hence can not be executed by users. Such files can be identified as carrying a white icon and their names modified. Soon the ransomware leaves a ransom note. This note serves to inform users about the .c0hen File Virus and gives details regarding the steps that are needed to be executed by users in order to obtain a decryption key. The note mentions that users can only decrypt that files using their own private key and hence should contact none other than the developers. .c0hen File Virus does not specify any ransom amount in the note but mentions that users will get a reply letter regarding the same. However it would be wise for affected users to simply ignore such demands and follow this post to remove the ransomware.
Remove .c0hen File Virus From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .c0hen File Virus in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .c0hen File Virus using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .c0hen File Virus
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .c0hen File Virus related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .c0hen File Virus Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .c0hen File Virus related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .c0hen File Virus virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .c0hen File Virus infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.