|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected Herad Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|Herad Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|ALYac||8.857623||Variant of Win32/Trojan.Herad Ransomware.A|
|ZDB Zeus||6.3.359||iSearch, Adware.HotSearchBar|
|Suggestion: Uninstall Herad Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Herad Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them iClipboard 5.0 , 4d Snake 1.0 , Joboshare PDF to EPUB Converter , MyMusic Personal Music Librarian 3.1 , CRiSP 9.0.5b , Stud Find 1.0 , Comodo Antivirus 1.1.214829.106 , K9 Web Protection , Aizai 1.4 , Cosmic Blobs 126.96.36.19980 , D.B. Cooper 1.0 , Bitdefender Virus Scanner 3.5 , GPSBabel 1.5.1
Know More About Herad Ransomware
Cyber security analysts have reported a new crypto-malware named Herad Ransomware virus which belongs to the family of well-known Ransomware. It was first identified by the security investigators. According to the infected system users, the malware affects their Windows machines by using spam email campaigns. Such malicious email consists a corrupted Microsoft Word file or a link embedded onto it. Although, clicking on such intrusive link or opening the attached harmful file immediately runs the payload of Herad Ransomware on targeted machine in order to perform its nasty activities.
Just like its previous variants, the malware mapped the data stored on infected computer’s hard disk and encrypt them by using a sophisticated AES-256 encryption algorithm. This newly discovered variant employs the same working algorithm as its predecessors. The hackers behind Herad Ransomware instruct the victimized computer users to contact the operators of this malware by using email address. It makes the enciphered files completely inaccessible for the victims of this dangerous virus and then offers a decryption tool that can be used to decode the PC files and regain access to them.
Working Principles Of Herad Ransomware
After the attack of this vicious computer virus, one may find that their important system files like audio, texts, video, spreadsheets, presentations, documents, pictures and other data are not rendered. Whenever they attempt to open the files encoded by Herad Ransomware threat, a program window might appear saying that your files are corrupted. However, this PC infection does not damage the Windows computer, but delete the System Restore points and Shadow Volume copies on the machine as well. Hence, deletion of these files can make the restoration of system files absolutely impossible for the affected users without paying the asked ransom money.
What To Do After Herad Ransomware Invasion?
Unfortunately, it is quite important for you to understand that the data encrypted by Herad Ransomware virus is not recoverable without having a private decryption key which is stored in the Command and Control server operated by cyber extortionists. Therefore, to provide a decryptor for the enciphered files to the infected system users, the racketeers behind this ransomware demands a hefty sum of ransom fee. However, you should refrain paying asked ransom money and take immediate action to get rid of Herad Ransomware infection using a powerful anti-malware tool. Meanwhile, to restore enciphered data, you may wish to use backup copies, cloud services or data recovery software.
A: How To Remove Herad Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Herad Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Herad Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Herad Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Herad Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Herad Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Herad Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Herad Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Herad Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.