|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected JDYI ransomware as threat to your computer|
|JDYI ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Sophos AV||6.442632||Variant of Win32/Trojan.JDYI ransomware.B|
|Suggestion: Uninstall JDYI ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Technical Information On JDYI ransomware
JDYI ransomware is a dangerous file-encrypting virus which has been affecting the Windows computers all around the world. In order to mark the enciphered data, the malware is using an extension after encoding the targeted file types. Just because the ransomware uses AES file encryption algorithm, the encoded data becomes unusable for the victimized users. After that, infected system users will be left with a ransom note that can be identified by users as it urges the victims to contact the operators of JDYI ransomware through an email address, mentioned in the displayed ransom notification. Although, in exchange for a decryption key, the hackers behind this ransomware virus demands several USD in the form of Bitcoin cryptocurrency.
Unfortunately, the decryption key which is extremely needed to restore the files enciphered by this malware is stored on the Command and Control server operated by team of cyber criminals responsible for this vicious attack. Here, it is important for you to understand that the files saved on your computers have been encrypted by JDYI ransomware using a strong AES cipher which makes the recovery of files almost impossible without having a right decryption key. However, if the encoded files mean a lot to you, then you should hold yourself and avoid paying asked ransom money to the criminal hackers. This is because, the chances of getting scammed by the racketeers is quite high if you believe in the fake promises of threat actors and decided to pay asked ransom money to them.
What To Do After JDYI ransomware Attack?
Cyber security analysts at RMV strongly recommend staying away from contacting the operators of JDYI ransomware and you need to think about other possible ways for restoring the files enciphered by this malware. In such circumstances, all you need to do is to download a credible and powerful anti-malware suite to remove this ransomware completely and permanently from the compromised system. In addition to that, you need to use backup copies, or if not available, then use a trustworthy data recovery software that might help you to restore some of your important computer files that have been encoded by this threat after removing JDYI ransomware virus effectively from the system.
How Does JDYI ransomware Infection Spread?
- Spam email attachments.
- Freeware or shareware downloads.
- Visiting questionable websites.
- Clicking on intrusive ads or links.
- Connecting malware-laden USB drives.
A: How To Remove JDYI ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill JDYI ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the JDYI ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall JDYI ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all JDYI ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore JDYI ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing JDYI ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing JDYI ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by JDYI ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.