|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected .rlhwasted File Virus as threat to your computer|
|.rlhwasted File Virus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Comodo||4.4.307441||Trj.Win64..rlhwasted File Virus.BC|
|AVware||2.343352||Variant of Win32/Trojan..rlhwasted File Virus.A|
|Suggestion: Uninstall .rlhwasted File Virus Completely – Free Download|
.rlhwasted File Virus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them iHide 1.0 , JSON Helper 1.05 , Hidden Personal 2.0 , WebObjects Safari Extension 0.95 , MaxBulk Mailer 8.4.7 , iMeme , KeyShot Pro v5.0.97 , CCMenu 1.7 , VeryPDF Image to PDF Converter GUI , Light Wars 1.0 , TimeMachinePerspective 0.9.10 , Quake Servers Info (PPC) 1.1.1 , Perian , PDF Creator Master 2.5.0 , Mobster 1.3 , uSeesoft Video to AVI Converter , Galleria X 1.1
Threat Analysis Of .rlhwasted File Virus
.rlhwasted File Virus is a malicious program that has file encrypting capabilities and is used to receive ransom money from affected users. The ransomware was discovered recently and is believed to be a variant of its predecessor Ransomware. It has been found to be widely spreading through spam mails that are successful in deceiving users and making them believe that the contents within the mail are genuine. The ransomware immediately downloads its payload files from remote servers that are initiated through the scripts within the spam mails. .rlhwasted File Virus can encrypt files of various kinds and has been observed to add an extension which seems valid to those infected files. This makes it different from other ransomware who are typically known to make the encrypted files prominent by adding their own names. The malware uses AES-128 and RSA-2048 encryption algorithm to successfully encrypt the files. Immediately after this process it sends the private decryption key to command and control center server of cyber-criminals. The files encrypted by .rlhwasted File Virus cannot be used by users to read or make changes within. They can only be copied, moved or deleted by users. The ransomware leaves a ransom note named as ‘READ_ME.txt’ that informs users about the attack. The contents of the ransom note do not specify the ransom amount that needs to be paid by users in exchange of the decryption key that is promised to help them in recovering their file. However it does specify few email contacts that users may use to reach out for striking a negotiation. Affected users may think that this is the only alternative available to them to restore their encrypted data and should contact .rlhwasted File Virus developers. But this is not true as they will find in the instructions given below.
.rlhwasted File Virus can infect a system when users receive a spam mail that has been specially designed to deceive them. The mails that are circulated carrying the ransomware have documents that are embedded with macros. The subject line of these messages are used to catch receiver’s attention by using words such as product invoice, account details, ticket information and use design templates of reputed firms. When users click on these documents they are asked for permission to enable complete reading of the text which hides the macros within. Soon after users click on these the payload is downloaded and executed within the system to carryout the encryption process. .rlhwasted File Virus can also delete shadow volume but users can still recover their files by following these instructions.
A: How To Remove .rlhwasted File Virus From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill .rlhwasted File Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the .rlhwasted File Virus related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall .rlhwasted File Virus From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .rlhwasted File Virus related items from list.
B: How to Restore .rlhwasted File Virus Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing .rlhwasted File Virus from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing .rlhwasted File Virus from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by .rlhwasted File Virus with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.