If you are the one who wanted to hide their IP address in order to protect your identity and can easily access dark web. If yes, then please read this article to resolve all the question related to hiding your IP address.
There are several ways by which you can easily able to hide your IP address including your Internet connection encrypted as well as totally isolated.
What is IP Address?
IP stands for Internet Protocol which is nothing more than a unique identification number for the system that are connected to Internet. Every device which is connected to Internet has been assigned a unique IP address that contains the unique 32-bit number which can identifies the location of the device and also provides all the online browsing activities performed on that device.
Why I Want To Hide My IP Address?
There can be numerous reasons why you want to hide your IP address from other users on the Internet. Some of them are as given below:
- For hiding your geographical location.
- To protect your anonymity.
- For blocking the DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks.
- To get around the IP related restriction.
- For blocking targeted cyber attacks.
- Preventing web tracking.
- Avoiding digital footprint.
How To Hide Your IP Address?
There are four ways by which you can very efficiently hide your IP address from other users on the web. So, just check out these ways to alter your IP address.
1. By Using A VPN Service- This is suppose to be the best and most convenient method for hiding your IP address. VPN stands for Virtual Private Network which can easily hides your real physical location, prevents the encryption of online traffics, provides a safe way to engage the BitTorrent activities and also allows the accessing over the restricted content.
There are some highly recommended the best VPN services such as ExpressVPN, SaferVPN, CyberGhost, NordVPN etc.
2. By Using The Mobile Network- This is considered to be the quickest method for changing the IP address. But its data is ineffective and also short-sighted also.
3. By Using The TOR Browser- This is the slowest method of hiding the IP address. Tor is basically a free, open-source, download-able web browser that is widely used for searching, communicating and buying several products over the restricted Internet access. It is named after the Onion Router that represents the layer of encryption which can protects the users data.
4. By Using Public Wi-Fi Network- This is an open hot-spot network which is publicly available as you are travelling from one place to another like bookstore, hotel lobby, coffee shops etc.
5. By Using A Web Proxy Servers- This is just like a VPN but popularly known to be the riskiest method. A proxy server is a great computer application that acts as a bridge for the requested connected devices over Internet. It mainly intercepts the traffic and also takes control of the Internet connections. But here the leakage of data is quiet possible and not user friendly because of promotional advertisements.
Method To Set Up Proxy Server In Microsoft Edge
Step1- Go to Main menu, then select Settings.
Step2- Scroll down and now click on View advanced settings.
Step3- Again scroll down and then click Open proxy settings.
Step4- Enable Use a proxy server under the manual proxy setup and then enter the proxy’s address and port into the Address field.
Method To Set Up Proxy Server In Google Chrome
Step1- Go to Main menu and select Settings.
Step2- Then click on Change proxy settings under the Network.
Step3- Now click on LAN settings in the Connection tab.
Step4- Enable Use a proxy server for your LAN, then enter the proxy’s port and address in the Address field.
Method To Set Up Proxy Server In Mozilla Firefox
Step1- First of all go to Main menu, then select Options.
Step2- Into the Network section navigate to the Advanced tab.
Step3- Then click on Settings tab under the Connection.
Step4- Now select the Manual proxy configuration, then enter the proxy’s port and address into the HTTP Proxy field.
Here I had shared all the possible ways to hide the IPO address of the user so that they can easily keep their real IP address undercover in order to protect their online browsing activities from being traced by the outsiders and save your personal as well as business related confidential data from being theft.