Recently at the beginning of June 2018, Qnbqw Ransomware came to the researcher's attention that uses strong AES-256 cryptography to lock users stored files and makes them useless. Likewise another ransomware, the main activity of this ransomware is money extortion and for this it locked all stored files with .qnbqw file extension. If you really want to get complete information of Qnbqw Ransomware and its deletion guide then keep reading this post completely.
Threat's Profile of Qnbqw Ransomware
|Threat's Name||Qnbqw Ransomware|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Description||Qnbqw Ransomware is another worst ransomware infection that locks users files and ask victims to pay ransom demanded fee.|
|Occurrences||Spam emails, junk mail attachments, torrent downloads, executable files, contaminated devices, gambling site etc.|
|To delete Qnbqw Ransomware easily and successfully, system users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Detailed Information of Qnbqw Ransomware
Being a System user, you may obviously familiar with the fact that cryptocurrency craze is gaining attention rapidly. Hackers has launched numerous crypto-virus and recently at the starting of June 2018, they has introduced a new crypto-virus named Qnbqw Ransomware that uses strong AES-256 cryptography to make almost all stored files inaccessible. It is capable to target almost all stored file types such as images, audios, videos, PDFs, documents, databases and many more using .qnbqw file extension. Once targeting files and making them inaccessible, it places a ransom message in the text file format dubbed as Notice.txt file.
The ransom message contains almost all detail about the payment method and ransom amount. By displaying ransom note, it delivers an instructions for creating the accounts on cryptocurrency site and several another offers of file decryption. In the ransom note, developers of such a ransomware only includes an email address, [email protected] and the victim ID that includes about 700 characters. There is no any detail about the ransom amount which means victims might be asked to transfer different amount of money based on the size of locked file. Instead of making contact with developers of Qnbqw Ransomware, security analysts are strictly advised victim to get rid of Qnbqw Ransomware from infected machine ASAP.
Some Harmful Traits of Qnbqw Ransomware
- Lock users all stored files using .qnbqw file extension.
- Prevent the affected users from accessing System files.
- Drastically slows down overall System speed.
- Disables firewall setting and all security measures.
- Asks you to pay huge amount of ransom fee to decrypt System files.
- Makes several weird modification in System as well as crucial settings etc.
A: How To Remove Qnbqw Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Qnbqw Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Qnbqw Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Qnbqw Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Qnbqw Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Qnbqw Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Qnbqw Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Qnbqw Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Qnbqw Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.