Rastakhiz Ransomware is a ransomware which is based on HiddenTear open-source project. It has the ability to hold access to user's files and obliged them to pay money in order to recover their files. Ransomware is able to restrict users from accessing their files and data sored on the infected computer. For the encryption, it may include data which can personal, vital, and even sensitive data. On completing file encryption process, ransomware renames the encrypted files by appending .Rastakhiz file extension at the end of every file. This pesky threat then leaves a ransom note on the desktop informing victims about data encryption that has taken place, how to decrypt it, and further instructions on how to pay the money.
Ransomware also states that there is only one way to restore your files and that is through the private key and decryption software. In order to obtain decryption key, you need to pay 250 US dollars worth of Bitcoin. Unlike other ransomware, it gives you unlimited time to pay the demanded amount. Rastakhiz Ransomware assures its victims that decryption key will be provided once the demanded money is paid. However, it is highly recommended not to contact cyber crooks or even think to pay them money. Ransomware is created with motive to collect money from the targeted user.
In case, your computer is attacked by this nasty threat, you must not expect crooks to release your files since they will never do it. Still, you can do to retrieve your data is to use your backup files to restore data. Most of the time, ransomware travels through spam emails to infect user's computer and this is also same in this case. But, acquiring Rastakhiz Ransomware infection on your computer can be prevented by taking some safety measures. The spam email is the major source for any ransomware to travel along.
Thus, you must never open an email if you are not very sure about if it came from known or trusted source. Always download and install free programs only from reliable sources, as ransom virus like Rastakhiz might come along packed with free programs. In addition to this, make use of reliable anti-virus program to protect your system from any kind of virus attack.
How To Remove Rastakhiz Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Rastakhiz Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Rastakhiz Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Rastakhiz Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.