All you Wanted to Know About RansomWarrior 1.0
RansomWarrior 1.0 is yet another addition in the Ransomware family that is hitting and attacking Windows PC in wild. This has been crafted for the sole motive to create panic among the users and force them to pay the ransom. Like any other ransom virus RansomWarrior 1.0, can encrypt and encipher all the stored files once the PC has been compromised. Once the PC is targeted the existing files saved on that very system can't be accessed. What it does there after it will ask the victims to contact tech support system which are managed by con artists who would pretend to be some expert and technicians and will be ready to assist victims in decrypting the files. However users should know that these are nothing but gimmicks used by hackers to extract ransom from the users. Many of the novice users do not have much idea and run helter skelter ending up in payment of the ransom as they get panic when they are unable to access their important data somehow or the other.
How RansomWarrior 1.0 Targets PC and make users Victims
RansomWarrior 1.0 Ransom virus uses the similar strategy to infect PC and that is through spam emails and attachments that get delivered on the mails from across unknown sender and network. Many times users get confuse and end up in clicking these mails only to realize that they have been cheated and end up as a victim of RansomWarrior 1.0. It hardly requires any consent from users to get itself fully functional and activated. What more once activated, it will rename the files by changing the extension at the end. This is the reason as to why files do not open or neither can be accessed at tandem. Or if at all the compromised files get opened it will bear a note that reads files have been coded by hackers and victims need to pay the ransom as soon as possible. Not doing so will invite all sorts of trouble and even the file will be deleted permanently and victims will lose that very file forever. So now you should be fully aware that these are just tricks employed by hackers to have their wish fulfilled and that is to extract money from victims.
What Users Should Do When Attacked by RansomWarrior 1.0
Users are advised not to opt for the payment of ransom as demanded by hackers because this will only boost the morale of the hackers. They will go on creating more avenues for making more and more victims. The best solution to this problem is to remove RansomWarrior 1.0 as soon as possible. Unless and until users will not take a stern step to get rid of this nasty malware, it will tormenting experience and futile attempt to access the files. Follow the steps as illustrated below to uninstall RansomWarrior 1.0 now.
Remove RansomWarrior 1.0 From Your PC
Step 1: Remove RansomWarrior 1.0 in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove RansomWarrior 1.0 using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To RansomWarrior 1.0
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find RansomWarrior 1.0 related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove RansomWarrior 1.0 Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove RansomWarrior 1.0 related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the RansomWarrior 1.0 virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the RansomWarrior 1.0 infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.