Threat Analysis For: DanaBot Trojan
|Discovered in||May 2018|
|Detection||Free Download DanaBot Trojan Scanner|
DanaBot Trojan is a recently discovered malware that has been found to target MOBY banking customers primarily but can be harmful for other systems as well. The trojan was discovered by security researchers in May 2018 and has many sophisticated features. It is capable of establishing remote access to a command and control center, which is run by its developers. This can enable it to send information from the targeted system to these remote servers and can be regularly updated to receive commands, hence can easily deceive weak security applications. DanaBot Trojan has been found to be capable of stealing cryptographic coins from digital wallets such as Ark, Bitcoin, Decent, Expanse, Ethereum, Electron, Iota, Pascalcoin, Sumocoin and Zcash.
DanaBot Trojan has a modular design which allows it to adapt easily based on targeted system's vulnerability. Soon after installing its main payload, the trojan establishes contact with command and control center that allows it to install other relevant packages. It receives an encrypted files which it decrypts. This file contains other modules and configuration files. The trojan has been found to support three prime modules which are proxy (ProxyDLL.dll), stealer (StealerDLL.dll) and remote-access (VNCDLL.dll). The proxy and remote-access component allows DanaBot Trojan to constantly update its network settings and establish contact with remote servers to receive updates and transfer user and system's information. It has also been found to use TOR channels to hide its data transfer and evade scrutiny. The stealer module helps it to inject scripts with the system and also the web-browser that allows it to read inputs and access stored data. It can even take screen shots of the system's activity that can be analyzed to detect weak spots within the system. It can gather data related to user's system settings, online accounts, banking credentials and even about other system's in the same network. DanaBot Trojan can inject scripts that can imitate original banking portal interface which can trick users as they type in their credentials. It has been found to use multiple IP address to successfully receive and transmit information from the targeted system and hence can be extremely dangerous. DanaBot Trojan can steal private and financial credentials and needs to be removed immediately for which these instructions can be useful.
Steps to Remove DanaBot Trojan
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate DanaBot Trojan
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by DanaBot Trojan
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by DanaBot Trojan and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by DanaBot Trojan
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by DanaBot Trojan and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to DanaBot Trojan. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the DanaBot Trojan related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by DanaBot Trojan, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate DanaBot Trojan Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the DanaBot Trojan Running Processes.
- Right Click on DanaBot Trojan and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove DanaBot Trojan Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by DanaBot Trojan and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete DanaBot Trojan Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove DanaBot Trojan, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!