|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected 2048 Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|2048 Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Alibaba||8.204122||Variant of Win64/Trojan.2048 Ransomware.B|
|Suggestion: Uninstall 2048 Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
2048 Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them RAGE SEKeyword 1.3 , PhotoReviewer , iPod Browser 1.6 , Mail Pilot 1.4 , Soccer Cup Solitaire 2.0 , DreamFactory Lite 1.0 , Central Dogma 1.1 , Circus Ponies NoteBook , EasyDMG 1.5 , Loppy Letter Sherlock Plug-in 1.0 , Telecomando Fastweb 2.0.3 , TidyTop 1.1.2
Researchers Report On 2048 Ransomware
2048 Ransomware is another malicious System program falls under the ransomware category. This variant of ransomware is designed by its developer in such a way that it can easily infect almost all version of Windows System such as Windows XP, Vista, NT, Me, Server, 7, 8/8.1 and the most recent version Windows 10. The primary objective of its developer is to earn online money from the System users and for this its developer do series of malicious actions.
Threat’s Behavior Of 2048 Ransomware
2048 Ransomware is very malicious in nature. As soon as it enters inside the PC, first of all it disables users all firewall settings and security measure. Then after it immediately start the scanning procedure and lock users almost all files with strong and powerful file encryption algorithm. It often uses RAS or AES file encryption algorithm, to lock users files. The targeted objects or files of this ransomware can be easily noticeable because 2048 Ransomware adds a file extension to locks almost all users content such as photos, documents, videos, audio files, backup files, presentations and many more.
It is capable to make several unwanted entries in Windows registry to stay in PC for long time so that it can start the windows process each time automatically and hampers users smooth functioning of Operating System. Upon performing the successful file encryption procedure, 2048 Ransomware displays a ransom note to System user and demands ransom in the crypto currency for decryption key. Once seeing such a ransom message most of the System users easily decided to pay ransom demanded fee but it is not a wise decision because there is no any assurances that you will restore or get your files back even paying the large sum of ransom fee. Instead of paying the ransom demanded fee, affected users must take an immediate action regarding the deletion of 2048 Ransomware.
Ways Through Which System Get Infected With 2048 Ransomware
- Software bundling
- Infected peripheral devices
- Spam emails or junk mail attachments
- Malevolent advertisements
- Malicious sites
- Fake software installers
- Drive-by-downloads etc.
A: How To Remove 2048 Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill 2048 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the 2048 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall 2048 Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all 2048 Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore 2048 Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing 2048 Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing 2048 Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by 2048 Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.