Recently I am facing problem with CTBUnlocker which is so intrusive. I have found my all files encrypted by this nasty program. I don't know from where it came and how it will be removed. I wanna retrieve my all files again. Can I get back my all files again? My MSE has only detected it but was failed to delete it completely. Now, I am looking for a removal guide where I can fix it permanently. Can someone give me opportunity to remove CTBUnlocker completely by guiding with your valuable suggestion. Thank you in advance.
What is CTBUnlocker ?
CTBUnlocker is a highly intrusive ransomware that has capability to encrypt your all files on the PC. It stands for (Curve-Tor-Bitcoin Locker) and also known as Critroni. It is recent very aggressive infection that it confirmed to be released on the middle of July 2014. According our researchers it targets all Windows version like Windows, 7, 8,10, Vista etc. It is reported likely to linked with other infection like CryptoLocker that generally locks your PC's files and demand ransom money. CryptoLocker is developed by third party which is distributed on your PC along with your freeware package like Multimedia that you download from suspicious sites. When you click some spam emails and other sponsored links.
Once CryptoLocker infiltraded into your computer then immediately it will start to perform its malicious activities where first of all it will encrypt your files later it will displays ransom screen that will mislead you stating that recently your files has been encrypted where if you want to recover your files then you will have to pay ransom money of .2 BTC that is confirmed to proximately $120.00 USD. It will convince you to follow its instruction how to purchase its description key but you are suggested to don't click on its any option otherwise you may have to face issue other loss of confidential and economic data. If you don't want further damage on the PC then you should delete CryptoLocker completely as soon as possible.
How To Remove CTBUnlocker Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all CTBUnlocker related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out CTBUnlocker related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the CTBUnlocker infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.