A quick look on the behavior of Defender
Defender has been identified similar to Enhance Pro and Pro Flip applications. It offers you various kinds of shopping deals, discounts, coupons, promotional offers on many of e-commerce sites and many more similar things. It display ads related to mentioned features. Due to this behavior it has been classed as an adware infection. It claimed it as a legit application which is really helpful in your shopping needs but too many system users complained about its annoying and irritating behavior which it starts showing after successful intrusion on the user’s system. This potentially unwanted program has been developed by the cyber criminals to make money by showing sponsors ads and turns clicks into revenue by following online scheme of pay-per-click. It silently get into your system without your knowledge when you installing a new program on the system. It added as an additional PC utility which claims to enhance your online shopping experience.
In reality there is nothing like happen that has been claimed by Defender. Once it successfully intrude on your system then you may face some of the most irritating problems and your privacy or sensitive information may take you in danger. Your browsers settings been altered by this infection purposely to display huge amount of sponsored or affiliate advertisements, banners or pop-ups to promote third party products online. Due to the appearance of these intrusive ads on the browser, its performance been highly reduced. Whenever you trying to open a legit site then you got redirected on some other or harmful sites which make your system vulnerable for more virus attacks. It makes your browsing completely hell by make changes into your browsers settings. It keeps a close view on your every online move like browsing data, online banking operations, system information, IP address and use it into some scam works to cheat you. Hence its better to remove Defender as ASAP.
Installation ways followed by Defender
Unwanted programs like Defender may infiltrated into your system along with the free of cost software. Most of the users downloaded free software form third party sites and hackers take it as a advantage to spread infection through it. To do this malicious programmers make compromises with the freeware developers to add the infection as an additional tool and reveal the installation set-ups. Most of the users are always use “Express” option to install new programs which do not provide to uncheck the additional program from the list. So you should use “Custom” installation for new installations.
Video – Remove Defender (Complete Removal Guide)
How to Uninstall Defender from Compromised System
Step:1 First of all, Reboot your PC in Safe Mode to make it safe from Defender
(this Guide illustrates how to restart Windows in Safe Mode in all versions.)
Step:2 Now you need to View all Hidden Files and Folders that exist on different drives
- Press Start Key + R together and Type appwiz.cpl
- Now Press on OK
- This will Open the Control Panel. Now look for Defender or any other Suspicious program
- once found, Uninstall Defender ASAP
- To Go to Startup Area, Click on Start Key + R
- Type msconfig in the search area and click on Enter. A window will pop-out
- In the Startup area, look for any suspicious Defender entries or that are from Unknown Manufacturers
- (This is an important step and users are advised to monitor all items carefully over here before proceeding further.)
- Click on Start Key + R in Combination. Copy and Paste to Open hosts File
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Soon, you will get a list of suspicious IP’s in the bottom of the screen
- this is quite helpful in knowing if your browser has been hacked
Open IE and Click on Tools. Now Select Manage add-ons
In the pane, under Toolbars and Extensions, Choose the Defender extensions which is to be deleted
- Now Click on Remove or Disable Option.
- Press Tool button and Select Internet Option
- This will lead you to the Tab, now Select Privacy Tab, Turn on Pop-up blocker by clicking on it.
- Google Chrome is to be Opened
- Now Click on menu present at the top right corner
- Choose Tools >> Extensions
- Select Defender related Extensions and now Click on Trash icon to remove Defender
- Under Advanced Settings Option, Enable Do not allow any Site to Show pop-ups. Click on Ok to apply it.
- Select and Open Mozilla FF, Select Defender or other Add-ons by clicking on Menu button
- In the Add-ons Manager, Select the extension related to Defender.
- Now Click on Remove to delete Defender permanently
- Also Select and Check mark “Block Pop-up Windows” under po-ups in the Content Tab
- First of all Open MS Edge and Click on “More actions(…)” link
- Now Select and Click on Settings In Menu under “More Actions”
- Under Settings, screen click on View Advanced Settings button
- In Advanced Settings, turn on Block pop-ups by toggling button to ON
Following the above Manual Steps will be effective in blocking Defender. However, if you are unable to accomplish these steps, click the button given below to scan your PC
Don’t forget to given your feedback or submit any question if you have any doubt regarding Defender or its removal process