|Type:||Hidden Tear Ransomware|
|Short Definition:||It is a ransomware which encrypts all files and demand ransom money from the victim.|
|Distribution Method:||spam email attachments, peer to peer file transfer network, etc.|
|Ransom Demand:||100 US Dollar|
|Detection:||Click here to detect Donut Ransomware|
Introduction To Donut Ransomware
Donut Ransomware is a Hidden Tear Ransomware. The code of this virus has implemented in various ransomware threats which start to display throughout the place. It has infected about 47 PCs till now. It is very harmful and make the system inaccessible. It encrypts all files and make it harder to decrypt it by changing the extension. It silently intrude into your system without any knowledge. It enters via spam email attachments, peer to peer network file transfer, visiting malicious websites, clicking on suspicious links etc. These are the most important ways by which Donut Ransomware get penetrated into your computer and starts it's malicious work.
Donut Ransomware – Encryption Process
Donut Ransomware encrypt data by .donut extensions. This extension is used to change the file name by putting this at the end of it. The files which can be encrypted by this ransomware are documents, spreadsheets, power-points, images, backups, Archives, Music, Videos etc. It uses the powerful AES-256 ciphers.
Hazardous Scenario Of Donut Ransomware
Donut Ransomware related to the strategies of persistence installation and it manipulates the boot option. It automatically starts once the system is powered on. It is configured to install a network connection with remote host. It is a criminal controlled server which convert the infection into a powerful Trojan. Really this ransomware creates various changes into your system and make it vulnerable.
Donut Ransomware is capable to change the desktop background and it provides the ransom note when user click to open the files. The hackers provide a warning message inside the ransom note and give warning to the victim to pay the ransom amount as per the given deadline. The ransom amount is demanded as 100 US Dollar from the victim to get the decryption code. The email ID is used to contact them as [email protected] They tell you that if you will not pay the fee your all data will get deleted by them. But there is no guarantee that you will get back your files after paying the money because they are not going to give you any decryption key. You will be fully cheated by them. So, you should never pay the amount. Use the data recovery software to restore your all data. You should create the backup files to protect your data. You can also follow the instruction here to remove Donut Ransomware from your computer.
How To Remove Donut Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Donut Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Donut Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Donut Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Donut Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Donut Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Donut Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Donut Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Donut Ransomware related programs.
Remove Donut Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Donut Ransomware related entries.
Remove Donut Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Donut Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Donut Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.