|Type:||file encrypting virus|
|Distribution Method:||freeware, shareware, etc.|
|Detection:||Detect Help50 ransomware Quickly|
Know About Help50 ransomware
Help50 ransomware is a file encrypting virus which locks all your files and demand the ransom amount to decrypt it. This ransomware has very harmful activities because they give you warnings and deadline to pay the amount. This article is written about how will you remove this nasty threat from your PC and get back your files. It has set an auto-run in the registry file means it get automatically run when user start the PC. After that it starts to scan the hard drives for files and folders. It silently sneaks into the computer by various kinds of techniques. The techniques which are used as spam mail attachments, peer to peer network file sharing, freeware, drive by downloads etc.
How Help50 ransomware Encrypts Your Files
Help50 ransomware encrypt the files by using the “.dat” extension. This extension is used as suffix at the end of the file name to change it. The files which get changed are video, audio, images, documents, spreadsheets, power point and so on. The file format which get encrypted are as .ppt, .doc, .xls, .mbd, etc. It uses the ciphers to lock your files which is symmetric and asymmetric algorithm. It uses the XOR algorithm to lock your files.
Why Is Help50 ransomware So Hazardous?
Help50 ransomware uses a powerful mechanism to encrypt your files in such a way that it can't get open by anyone. This is the technique of hackers to get money instead of your files. But how? Hackers actually lock the file and when you start the computer you will see that the desktop background has changed and you are unable to access your computer. Suddenly, you will find a ransom note which is as DECRYPT_FILES.txt. This note contains the malicious message and hackers give you a deadline to pay the ransom amount which is in the Bitcoin currency. They also give you an email Id “crypto malware as help50(@)Yandex.ru” to contact them. If you will not pay the fee on a given deadline, your all files will be deleted by them. But, you should never pay the amount because there is zero guarantee that your files will be get back. You should use the data recovery software to restore your files in the system. You should also create the data backup in the external hard drive. Follow the instruction given below to remove Help50 ransomware quickly from your computer.
A: How To Remove Help50 ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Help50 ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Help50 ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Help50 ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Help50 ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Help50 ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Help50 ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Help50 ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Help50 ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.