|Displayed publisher: Hide My Searches|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Hide My Searches|
|Program executable: Hide My Searches.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\Hide My Searches\Hide My Searches.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) Hide My Searches.dll|
|Adware.Win32.Hide My Searches.CC by Sophos ML|
|Variant of Win32/AdWare.Hide My Searches.B by ZeusTracker|
|Coupons.com by eGambit|
|Remove Hide My Searches Now !|
Hide My Searches may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Aqua Data Server 14.0.1 , HTTP Client 1.0.3 , StrangeWorld 1.0 , Card Manager 1.1.3 , CERTivity KeyStores Manager 1.1 , Solomon\’s Keep 2.21 , WeatherEye 2.1.1 , DesktopRecorder 1.0 , FreeTar X 1.1.1 , Beertje (Little Bear) 2.7 , ScriptStrip 1.1 , CarrierEditor , MultiScreener 0.95 , QRANK – Social Quiz Addiction 2.0.4 , RoboPostman , ComicBookLover 1.7 , Notification Center 1.1 , FLV Spider 3.1.39
About Hide My Searches
Hide My Searches is a kind of adware which is responsible for initiating various unwanted activities on user’s computer. Typically, it infiltrates the user’s machine silently and then started its suspicious activities in the system’s background. However, the dubious activities of this adware might not be noticed immediately, but you will soon encounter the consequences of having this program on your computer. The most annoying properties of this threat is that it causes unwanted browser redirects constantly and display intrusive ads as well. Due to the presence of Hide My Searches adware, you may see numerous annoying ads in the form of pop-ups and banners which try to mislead you into purchasing rogue apps or other services.
In addition to that, the advertisements displayed by this unreliable program often promote bogus system optimization software that turn out to be a scareware. Although, fake anti-virus tool associated with Hide My Searches threat can display bogus scan reports and detect harmless computer files as a dangerous one. According to the creators of those softwares, the detected issues can only be resolved after buying licensed version of the tool. As a result, web surfers can easily get scammed into spending their valuable money on fake applications. Technically speaking, Hide My Searches is not a dangerous computer virus, but has the ability to harm the crucial system files directly and may bring in any notorious computer infections as well.
What Hide My Searches Can Do On Your System?
This potentially unwanted application can install some additional toolbars to the web browsers installed on your computer. Although, any third party softwares that may infiltrate your system due to Hide My Searches will affect your system’s overall performance and degrade your online browsing experience as well. Moreover, it is also capable of storing user’s non-personally identifiable data like search queries, visited domains, clicked ads, geo-location, IP address, saved bookmarks, etc.
This activity is performed with the main purpose to display targeted Hide My Searches ads on your computer screen and lure you into clicking on the ads. What’s more, it may gather your non-personal info as well. The main objective of adware-type app is to gain benefits for its creators. Therefore, it is important for you to take immediate action for Hide My Searches removal from your PC as early as possible. You can do this using the manual elimination steps provided below or may wish to us a credible anti-spyware tool.
Learn To Remove Hide My Searches Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Hide My Searches Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Hide My Searches Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Hide My Searches related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Hide My Searches On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Hide My Searches from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.