Two day back, my dad was doing some important task on his laptop and all of a sudden, his PC got stuck. I ran scan process on system and got to know that computer has got hit by IMG001.exe. For some reason, my antivirus is not capable to remove this infection and so I don’t know what to do. My dad is not capable to run any task and he is becoming too panic. Tomorrow, he has to submit a project and his laptop is not working properly. Suggest what to do to get rid of IMG001.exe immediately. I will be thankful to you!
IMG001.exe is a malicious trojan threat that enters into targeted PC and smartly hides itself behind the system background. Most commonly, this threat slips into PC when you surf any malicious sites, download free stuffs from internet, use defective sharing application and open junk email attachments. When inserted, IMG001.exe adds its suspicious extension with the file name and rename it very cleverly. It has sole motive to hide its identity into compromised machine and extort money from innocent users. This very infection keep changing its file name to stay hidden behind the system background and prevent itself from being detected. Moreover, IMG001.exe stops running all the processes from task manager and starts its evil activities into the affected computer. it often deletes various files and folders from computer and will snatch whole computer access from your hand.
Whats more, IMG001.exe comes along with several malicious programs and downloads many more as well, to consumes large space of system resources. This noxious trojan threat does not only covers free memory space but also does not allow you to install any new software program. It disables task manager, turn off default firewall settings and make PC more vulnerable to get attacked by malware infection. It slower down system performance speed and makes all the application programs act weird. Therefore, before it brings more damages, you must delete IMG001.exe immediately to stop further destruction.
Manual IMG001.exe Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of IMG001.exe
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case IMG001.exe, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove IMG001.exe Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to IMG001.exe infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of IMG001.exe infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove IMG001.exe, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete IMG001.exe
How to View IMG001.exe Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the IMG001.exe related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access IMG001.exe Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by IMG001.exe, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide IMG001.exe Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with IMG001.exe.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
View the Following Video Guide to Terminate IMG001.exe from PC
Steps to Unhide IMG001.exe related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of IMG001.exe related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View IMG001.exe associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by IMG001.exe, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.