If your computer gets lure with .JohnnieWalker File Virus and you are in search for its removal process, then you are on authentic place. Here, you will be able to eliminate annoying problems easily and minimize effort.
|Name:||.JohnnieWalker File Virus|
|Short Definition:||It is an file encrypting virus which demand ransom.|
|Distribution Method:||Junk or spam email attachments, Visiting unsafe domains, etc.|
|Encryption:||RSA-2048 and AES-256 ciphers|
|Ransom Demand:||$500 or more|
|Detection:||Detect .JohnnieWalker File Virus from authentic free scan.|
Brief summary of .JohnnieWalker File Virus
.JohnnieWalker File Virus is a recently developed ransomware which is the variant of Scarab ransomware. It is developed by the cyber criminals team with their evil motives. Once this virus get active , it initiates encrypting all stored files and restrict user to access it. Whenever the user try to open any of the file, it display the ransom message on screen desktop and ask to pay $500 or more as a fee to decrypt the files. It says to pay the money within 96 hours. If victim deny to pay the amount, it claims to remove all files permanently.
The mechanism of file encryption through .JohnnieWalker File Virus
.JohnnieWalker File Virus uses RSA-2048 and AES-256 ciphers to encrypt data. It appends the extension as “.johnniewalker” to encrypt all documents. It also locks desktop screen and block to perform any task. It drops the ransom note on the system screen and carries information to about the method to pay the ransom amount in Bitcoin or USD. It also give an email ID to contact for paying the amount and decrypting your files.
Malicious activities of .JohnnieWalker File Virus
.JohnnieWalker File Virus is able to alter the existing settings of browser and internet. It disable the firewall settings and deactivates the security tools without your permission. The experts have searched that you should not pay the amount to the hackers. It is only the trick to cheat innocent users and make revenue online. It is also capable to monitor your all browsing information and catch information like password of social sites, bank login details, IP address and more. To restore your files once again, you should keep the back up or third party recovery software.
Methods of infecting your system through .JohnnieWalker File Virus
- .JohnnieWalker File Virus infects the system through junk or spam email attachments.
- Freeware or shareware downloads like games, videos, movies, etc.
- Using the infected storage device like pen-drive, DVD/CD, hard disk and etc.
- Visiting unsafe domains.
How To Remove .JohnnieWalker File Virus Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all .JohnnieWalker File Virus related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out .JohnnieWalker File Virus related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the .JohnnieWalker File Virus infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.