|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected [email protected] virus as threat to your computer|
|[email protected] virus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Malwarebytes||8.4.411334||[email protected] virus.BB|
|Ad-Aware||8.814135||Variant of Win32/[email protected] virus.C|
|Suggestion: Uninstall [email protected] virus Completely – Free Download|
[email protected] virus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Abandoned Chestnut Lodge Asylum 1.0 , MacMpeg2Converter 2.0 , iSkysoft PDF Editor , Split n Join 2.6.5 , Mover 0.95 , AudioSpeed 1.6 , Yeerp Search 1.0 , JavaPK for Desktop 2.5.1008 , Wild West Pinball 1.1 , Wendys Wellness , iSyncButton 1.0 , PolipoStatusBar 0.8.3 , Type And Creator Changer 8.0
Know More About [email protected] virus
Cyber security analysts have reported a new crypto-malware named [email protected] virus virus which belongs to the family of well-known Ransomware. It was first identified by the security investigators. According to the infected system users, the malware affects their Windows machines by using spam email campaigns. Such malicious email consists a corrupted Microsoft Word file or a link embedded onto it. Although, clicking on such intrusive link or opening the attached harmful file immediately runs the payload of [email protected] virus on targeted machine in order to perform its nasty activities.
Just like its previous variants, the malware mapped the data stored on infected computer’s hard disk and encrypt them by using a sophisticated AES-256 encryption algorithm. This newly discovered variant employs the same working algorithm as its predecessors. The hackers behind [email protected] virus instruct the victimized computer users to contact the operators of this malware by using email address. It makes the enciphered files completely inaccessible for the victims of this dangerous virus and then offers a decryption tool that can be used to decode the PC files and regain access to them.
Working Principles Of [email protected] virus
After the attack of this vicious computer virus, one may find that their important system files like audio, texts, video, spreadsheets, presentations, documents, pictures and other data are not rendered. Whenever they attempt to open the files encoded by [email protected] virus threat, a program window might appear saying that your files are corrupted. However, this PC infection does not damage the Windows computer, but delete the System Restore points and Shadow Volume copies on the machine as well. Hence, deletion of these files can make the restoration of system files absolutely impossible for the affected users without paying the asked ransom money.
What To Do After [email protected] virus Invasion?
Unfortunately, it is quite important for you to understand that the data encrypted by [email protected] virus virus is not recoverable without having a private decryption key which is stored in the Command and Control server operated by cyber extortionists. Therefore, to provide a decryptor for the enciphered files to the infected system users, the racketeers behind this ransomware demands a hefty sum of ransom fee. However, you should refrain paying asked ransom money and take immediate action to get rid of [email protected] virus infection using a powerful anti-malware tool. Meanwhile, to restore enciphered data, you may wish to use backup copies, cloud services or data recovery software.
A: How To Remove [email protected] virus From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill [email protected] virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the [email protected] virus related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall [email protected] virus From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all [email protected] virus related items from list.
B: How to Restore [email protected] virus Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing [email protected] virus from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing [email protected] virus from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by [email protected] virus with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.