Complete Explanation on Livemediasearch.run
Livemediasearch.run is yet another dubious search engine website which is promoted through a questionable browser extension known as 'Smart Music Search'. It claims to enhance the browsing experience of system users by promising to help them to find music directly from their search bar. Although, it falls into the category of browser hijacker threat which mainly affects the popular Internet browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Opera, MS Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and others. What's more, the threat not only help its developers to gain some revenue through advertising methods, but also gather some information about the infected users. The main objective of Livemediasearch.run hijacker is to serve sponsored search results that contains various links or ads onto them.
Working Principles of Livemediasearch.run Hijacker
Technically speaking, this browser hijacker threat is not a kind of dangerous virus or malware, but it can pose some security threat or cause annoyances on your PC. This is because, Livemediasearch.run hijacker virus might lead you to unsafe web portals from where your computer can easily get infected with other sorts of notorious threats. Based on the recent research report published by the malware researchers, it can gather non-personally identifiable data like visited websites, clicked ads, IP address, search queries, software information, saved bookmarks and other similar data without user's consent. These data can be used by the hackers to display lucrative ads and mislead you into clicking on them. However, clicking on those ads might lead you to insecure domains. That's why, it is strongly recommended to get rid of Livemediasearch.run virus as soon as possible.
How Does Livemediasearch.run Spread?
The method which is mainly used by the cyber crooks spread Livemediasearch.run virus is bundled softwares. Dubious browser extension associated with it comes attached in a freeware bundle and if you download such application on your system without paying much more attention during the installation process. If you install any cost-free softwares carelessly on your computer, then the threat like this one immediately infiltrate the system. However, you can prevent the intrusion of such annoying threat just by installing any program in a quite effective manner. Instead of selecting 'Standard' or 'Basic' installation steps, just go through the 'Advanced' or 'Custom' method to install any freeware app on your PC that will help you to protect your system from the invasion of hijacker threats like Livemediasearch.run.
Manual Steps to Remove Livemediasearch.run From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Livemediasearch.run related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Livemediasearch.run completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Livemediasearch.run related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Livemediasearch.run and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Livemediasearch.run
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Livemediasearch.run related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Livemediasearch.run related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Livemediasearch.run related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Livemediasearch.run related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Livemediasearch.run from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.