Description About locklock
LockLock, being one of the most disastrous ransomware infection has been also found labeled as .locklock extension virus, locklockrs malware and [email protected] This threat has been spotted making target the PCs with chinese IPs and having Windows OS installed in them. It being a powerful malware infection, implements cryptography attack via making usage of variety of encryption algorithms. Generally the developers of ransomware program like this encrypts the files stored on the compromised PC by adding “.locklock” extension to them and then following the successful encryption demand ransom in return of the decryption key. This threat do not ask to pay the ransom money via just a message or pop-up. Instead regarding that purpose ransom note is generated on the victim’s desktop namely “READ_ME.TXT”. In this note victims are informed about what had actually happened to their PC and how to make the payment regarding accessing the decryption key which can further makes the encrypted files accessible in the previous manner once again.
Reasons That Make It Possible For locklock To Infiltrate Inside The PC
Generally locklock comes inside the PC via the malicious emails attached with the spam emails. Apart from this,often invade in the PC along with the installation of freeware as well as shareware programs. Actually it has been found that majority of the users do have tendency of installing any program quickly without paying required amount of close attention to the entire procedure. Knowing this, the developers of harmful infections acquire the technique of ‘bundling’ to penetrate the threats created by them in the PC. So, to prevent the invasion of such malicious ransomware infection in the PC like the way mentioned above it is suggested to always choose Custom Installation while installing freeware programs in the PC.
Harmful Doings Of locklock in The PC
locklock once loaded brings changes in the default system settings and steals the victim’s sensitive stuff. After this share the stolen information with the cyber criminals for unethical purpose. This ransomware threat degenerates the PC’s speed and makes the entire PC almost non-responsive. This infection perforates various other vicious programs in the PC by making the security program installed in the PC disable. Therefore, to protect the valuable files from being encrypted like that and to use PC effectively, a quick removal of locklock is needed.
A: How To Remove locklock From Your PC
locklock removal steps : Tutorial Video To Get Rid of locklock
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill locklock Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the locklock related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall locklock From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all locklock related items from list.
B: How to Restore locklock Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing locklock from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing locklock from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by locklock with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.