What Is Mega Music Search
Mega Music Search is a browser hijacker that changes the default homepage and search engine of your web browser. It's redirect is caused by the “Mega Movies Search” extension which is installed on PC. This type of program is often offered through advertisements or software bundles. It is typically created for the objective of modifying internet web browser settings of the users. It is probably get done to generate an advertising revenue with the help of using Yahoo Search for its search results.
How Mega Music Search Invade On PC
Mega Music Search invades into computer system by deceptive pop-up ads, free bundling software installers, fake flash player installers, pirated games, social medias, pornographic websites, Torrent websites, spam emails, spam email attachments, infected USB or any other external storage devices, spam links and websites, peer-to-peer file sharing networks etc.
What Are The Symptoms Of Mega Music Search
- Mega Music Search will change the default web browser's homepage to Mega Movies Search on web browser.
- It will change the default web browser's search provider as well as built-in on web browser.
- It is capable to modify the “new tab” functionality in order to launch the modified search portal page on web browser.
- It loads into the web browser through the Mega Movies Search extension or add-on on web browser.
- It steals and misuses all online browsing activities of the users such as bookmarks, searches, histories, downloads, visited webpages, IP addresses, URLs etc.
- It also collects and misuses personal information of the users such as bank account details, credit card details, debit card details, contact number, usernames, passwords, login details etc.
How To Prevent Mega Music Search On PC
- You must always pay your attention while downloading or installing of any software on computer system.
- You must always select the custom installation method for every installation of a new software on PC.
- You must alwaysstay away from pornographic websites on PC to keep your PC safe from Mega Music Search.
Mega Music Search can be removed from PC by using two methods which is Automatic and Manual methods. In Manual method, it requires high technical skills and an excellent knowledge of PC but in Automatic method, it doesn't require any high technical skill and an excellent knowledge of PC. So, we recommend to make use of Automatic method for better results.
Manual Steps to Remove Mega Music Search From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Mega Music Search related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Mega Music Search completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Mega Music Search related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Mega Music Search and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Mega Music Search
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Mega Music Search related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Mega Music Search related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Mega Music Search related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Mega Music Search related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Mega Music Search from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.