Introduction To MikroTik Cryptojacking
Is your system infected with MikroTik Cryptojacking? Do you know about it? This article has illustrated some useful points about this system virus. Just read the article and gain knowledge about this PC virus. MikroTik Cryptojacking is one of the most annoying trojan virus which shows different kinds of irritating activities. It has infected 74 systems till now. Cryptojacking is actually an operation by which hackers access your device in an unauthorized way and use it to mine the Cryptocurrency like Monero, Litecoin, Dash, Dogecoin and Bitcoin. It has reported on August 2018. It mines Monero with the help of Coinhive in-browser miner. It is widely spread in the private sector companies, ISP office, hospitals and Brazil TV networks.
How Does MikroTik Cryptojacking Enter Into Your System
MikroTik Cryptojacking enters via spoofed email, peer to peer file transfer network, unpatched software, social media etc.
How Does MikroTik Cryptojacking Make Your System Compromised
MikroTik Cryptojacking slow down your PC and CPU starts to consume more power. Some application will not start and it will take time to run on your desktop. You will not comfortably connect to the internet. You will see various types of messages and pop-ups on your desktop. When you will connect to the internet, you will see that all types of windows start to open or the browser start to display pages that you have not requested. Your some files will get misplaced or deleted. Antivirus and firewall programs will get disabled and the screen start to appear as back to front. The games library files will get disappeared. You system will start to send spam email.
Preventive Measures From MikroTik Cryptojacking
MikroTik Cryptojacking hide in your system for a long period of time. You can protect your computer by taking some useful steps. Install and update the antivirus program and regularly scan your system. Always turn on your firewall protection. Keep your system up to date. Use the Google drive to save your data. Do not use free Wi-Fi connection. Use strong and multiple password online. You should keep a data back up to restore your data. Also you can use data recovery software for this activity. Your all files will get restored by this. You should think before going to click on the link that you have not visited as yet. If you want to remove MikroTik Cryptojacking quickly, you can follow the instruction here.
How to Remove MikroTik Cryptojacking from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall MikroTik Cryptojacking from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to MikroTik Cryptojacking using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find MikroTik Cryptojacking
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate MikroTik Cryptojacking.
Step3: How to Uninstall MikroTik Cryptojacking from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to MikroTik Cryptojacking and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to MikroTik Cryptojacking and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose MikroTik Cryptojacking and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select MikroTik Cryptojacking and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete MikroTik Cryptojacking Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type MikroTik Cryptojacking to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all MikroTik Cryptojacking named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only MikroTik Cryptojacking entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of MikroTik Cryptojacking, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.