prettysearch.com may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them BeatS (Reggaeton Edition) 1.1 , PhotoStyler v.6.7 , 4Videosoft Nexus One Video Converter , CopySend Server 1.0 , Office Tracker 4.0 , NMS 2.4 beta , Stitch Buddy 2.8 , iLamp X 1.1 , Debug the API 1.0 , eBay Widget 3.5 , my1.0 , Radio UserLand X 8.2 , Excalibur: Morgana’s Revenge 2.1.2 , Media Inspector 2.6 , Credit Cards Trap : Stolen Phone Tracker 1.0 , Quiffler 1.0.2 , Apple Time Machine and AirPort Updater 1.0 , Chickens Attack! 1.0
|Displayed publisher: prettysearch.com|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\prettysearch.com|
|Program executable: prettysearch.com.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\prettysearch.com\prettysearch.com.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) prettysearch.com.dll|
|Trojan.Win64.prettysearch.com.AC by ClamAV|
|Variant of Win32/Trojan.prettysearch.com.A by SecureBrain|
|Midllesearch.net by Baidu|
|Uninstall prettysearch.com Now!|
This post is all about prettysearch.com, a suspicious domain designed and used by the con artist for monetization purposes. If your homepage or default search engine is automatically replaced with prettysearch.com then it is confirm that you are another victim of prettysearch.com. Well, need not be panic because by following this effective tutorial guide you can easily delete prettysearch.com from your PC.
Know About prettysearch.com
prettysearch.com is another domain falls under the browser hijacker category. Although, this domain seems as a trusted and legitimate one at the first sight that claims users to boost and enhance System experience. This dubious domain offers some useful looking features in order to trick more and more System users. BUt user’s are suggested to not trust on this site because it is unsafe and make you suffer from annoying issues. If you also notice it in your system, don’t waste time and remove it immediately.
No Need To Believe On prettysearch.com
Judged on its legitimate appearances and helpful claims, most of the Computer users easily tricked by it and they decided to use it. Technically, this domain is not malicious itself but it exhibits several negative traits due to which hackers are strictly warned victims to not use prettysearch.com. Actually it is a third-party site specifically designed and used by the team of cyber criminals for promotional and monetization purposes.
Know How Developers Of prettysearch.com Earn Money
prettysearch.com is mainly known for generating thousand of pop-up ads and links. It’s developers created endless advertisement in several form such as pop-up, pop-under, exciting deals, banner ads, deals, discounts, promo codes and many more using pay-per-install mechanism. A simple click on the any advertisement or link will lead you to the third-party site and generate online revenue for unknown. Therefore, it is highly advised by experts that System users should not click on any third-party ads or malicious link.
Harmful Effects Of prettysearch.com
- Alters user’s default homepage or search engine to prettysearch.com.
- Modifies user’s search provider.
- To start or launch the modified web search portal page, it alter the new tab functionality.
- Loads several add-ons, dubious toolbar or extension to browser.
- Downpours overall performance speed etc.
Potential Sources Of prettysearch.com Infiltration
- Bundling method
- Fake software installer
- Hacked or gambling site
- Torrent downloads
- P2P file sharing network
- Infected peripheral devices etc.
Manual Steps to Remove prettysearch.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove prettysearch.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete prettysearch.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean prettysearch.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall prettysearch.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With prettysearch.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the prettysearch.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove prettysearch.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove prettysearch.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove prettysearch.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of prettysearch.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.