|Type:||Cryptovirus, File Encrypting Virus|
|Distribution Method:||Spam mail attachments, Peer to peer file transfer|
|Detection:||Download Scarab-Bomber Ransomware Scanner|
A Short Explanation Of Scarab-Bomber Ransomware
Scarab-Bomber Ransomware is a hazardous virus that encrypt files to make them inaccessible. It get locked and user does open it without decryption key. This article contains important details about removing this ransomware completely from the PC. It place a file in the format of .txt in which malicious instructions are given to warn victim. This threat is the variant of Scarab Ransomware.
Scarab-Bomber Ransomware can make entries in the Windows registry editor. This entries are designed to launch this ransomware automatically when Windows operating system start. It enters into the computer silently without your consent via different methods. The ways by which this threat enters are:
- Spam mail attachments
- Peer to peer file transfer
- Spoofed mails
- Online ads
- Social media
Scarab-Bomber Ransomware – How It Encrypts All Kinds Of Files?
After penetrating into the computer, Scarab-Bomber Ransomware starts it's malicious activities. It initiate the process to encrypt all files and folders. It uses the AES algorithm to encrypt the files and “.bomber” extension to change the file name. The types of files which get encrypted are audio, video, documents, image, backup, archives etc. This cryptovirus delete all shadow volume copies from Windows OS by the following command:
vssadmin.exe delete shadows /all /Quiet
The file formats which get encrypt by this threat are .psd, .doc, .ppt, .xls etc.
Scarab-Bomber Ransomware – How Much Is It Dangerous?
Scarab-Bomber Ransomware changes the color of desktop background and drop a ransom message in the file as “КАК ВОССТАНОВИТЬ ЗАШИФРОВАННЫЕ ФАЙЛЫ.TXT.” It is dropped by the hackers and they demand ransom to decrypt your files. The ransom note is written in Russian Language. Hackers have provided the email ID to contact them as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Criminals demand the ransom amount in the form of Bitcoin and warn you as “Before payment, you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption.”
Hackers ask for the payment as per the given deadline and if you will be fail to give money to them, your data will be deleted by them permanently. But, you should never trust on them that they will provide you any decryption key to unlock your files. Do not pay the ransom fee to them. Try to restore your data by the data recovery software. You can also use the external hard drive to create a backup folder and safe your files. You can also follow the instruction here which are so helpful to remove Scarab-Bomber Ransomware frequently from your system.
How To Remove Scarab-Bomber Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Scarab-Bomber Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Scarab-Bomber Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Scarab-Bomber Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.