Introduction To Scarab-Deep Ransomware
Scarab-Deep Ransomware which was reported on November 2017 has emerges with a new code and belongs to Scarab family. It has various types of activities which are so hazardous for you and your PC. It is a kind of ransomware Trojan which is configured like RaaS (Ransomware as a Service) and presents on a dark web and loads from 'msvcp_win.dll'. It is found on the temp folder in the system drive. It uses a fake digital signature for the security scanner and run without the information of user. It also delete the shadow volume copies of Windows.
How Does Scarab-Deep Ransomware Invade Your System
Scarab-Deep Ransomware invades by the different techniques. It is so malicious because it is made up of malign code which is already hidden at the back of the free software. When you download the free software and install it the malign code get activated and start to penetrate into your system. In this way you can say that Scarab-Deep Ransomware invades your system. But, there are some other tricks also which are responsible to invade your system. Spam e-mail attachments, peer to peer file transfer network, clicking on unwanted links, visiting unknown websites and so on.
Encryption method of Scarab-Deep Ransomware
Scarab-Deep Ransomware encrypts your files by the algorithm and uses extension as '.deep' to change the file name. It is used as a suffix like if your file name is “sky line.jpg” then it get convert into “sky line.jpg.deep”. The files which get changed by this ransomware encryption process are documents, images, audio, video, spreadsheet, power-points and so on. The file format which get encrypted are .doc, .jpg, .png, .jpeg, .xls, .ppt etc.
Why Is Scarab-Deep Ransomware So Hazardous
Scarab-Deep Ransomware is very dangerous as it has infected about 13 PCs. It uses the ransom note as 'HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT' to drop it as a message which contains the demand of money. It contains such type of malicious message which is helpful for the hackers to scare victim. It warn you to pay the money to decrypt your files. It also alert you that if you will not pay the amount as per the given deadline, your all files will get deleted by them permanently. But you should not pay the amount. Use the data recovery software to restore your data. You can also follow the guideline here to remove Scarab-Deep Ransomware quickly from your computer.
Remove Scarab-Deep Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Scarab-Deep Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Scarab-Deep Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Scarab-Deep Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Scarab-Deep Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Scarab-Deep Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Scarab-Deep Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Scarab-Deep Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Scarab-Deep Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.