“I was trapped and installed Spyware.PasswordStealer on my computer. I consider it as a legit program that can help me to monitor and surveillance my computer. I think i can keep eyes on my computer and monitor other users on the PC as children, spouse, employees or just myself too. It was a blunder, because I realized that Spyware.PasswordStealer is not a legit program to use computer. After installation my web browser and entire computer started to work very slow. Also it started to interfere in my web browsing and forcebly display pop-ups and fake survey sites. I am unable to uninstall Spyware.PasswordStealer by simple removal methods. Please help me to remove Spyware.PasswordStealer from my computer.”
Spyware.PasswordStealer is is a very enticing scam for Internet users and it has been reveled as a very dangerous Trojan horse virus. The developers of Spyware.PasswordStealer Trojan virus has advertised this program as a legit and useful program to log all user name, and used passwords in any computer program or web pages. The developers claims that the program is capable to collect Windows login password, password protected files, email Id and password etc. But in fact it is a very devastating Trojan Horse virus which can expose your personal identifiable and possible log-in id and passwords not for your help but to help cyber criminals to hack your online social and banking account, ATM fraud, etc. So if you will get such pop-up ads, banners etc. that offer you a program that will allow you to hack Facebook account, mobile or computer by stealing password, then do not trust.
Spyware.PasswordStealer is just another scam by cyber criminals who have generated such nasty codes of this program. Security experts have categorized it as a Trojan virus. It is responsible to bring more infection like adware, browser hijacker, keylogger, dialer etc. on your computer and let you face a chronic situation of data loss, security breaches, system vulnerabilities, instability and most devastating violation of your online privacy. If you do not remove Spyware.PasswordStealer immediately from your computer then very soon you will suffer from severe cyber crime like hacking of online banking account, abuse of personal identifiable for unethical purpose, etc.
Steps to Remove Spyware.PasswordStealer
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Spyware.PasswordStealer
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Spyware.PasswordStealer
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Spyware.PasswordStealer and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Spyware.PasswordStealer
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Spyware.PasswordStealer and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Spyware.PasswordStealer. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Spyware.PasswordStealer related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Spyware.PasswordStealer, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Spyware.PasswordStealer Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Spyware.PasswordStealer Running Processes.
- Right Click on Spyware.PasswordStealer and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Spyware.PasswordStealer Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Spyware.PasswordStealer and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Spyware.PasswordStealer Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Spyware.PasswordStealer, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!