|Displayed publisher: DataQuest|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\DataQuest|
|Program executable: DataQuest.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\DataQuest\DataQuest.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) DataQuest.dll|
|Adware.Win32.DataQuest.CA by McAfee-GW-Edition|
|Variant of Win32/AdWare.DataQuest.C by zvelo|
|Adware.LoudMo by AegisLab|
|Remove DataQuest Now !|
DataQuest may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Snap ‘n Tap 1.0 , MacReporter 2.6 , Langwitch 1.0 , LaCie Desktop Manager , Athenaeum Light 7.0 , Tinderbox , ColorSplash 1.5 , Simon the Sorcerer 1.0 , k-notes Widget 2.0 , LogTransporter 1.3 , Smoothicons 3 , Spook Busters 1.0 , DoorStop X Security Suite 2.4 , Blu-ray To HD Video Converter
DataQuest : More Information About It
DataQuest : Latest Research Information About The Adware
DataQuest is a suspicious program that is classed an adware infection by malware experts. The developers of the program promoted it as claiming that it provides you some useful features that will be helpful in improving browsing experience. At first glance this tool looks very handy to the users and so that they installed it on their computer but as the time progresses and when it start showing the real side then the users start registering many of complain against it. According to the victims once the program successfully installed on system then it start making various annoyances by making unwanted changes into your default set system and browsers settings.
DataQuest start making modifications into your browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Edge etc. settings to easily carry out their unwanted activities online and making redirections on severe sites to make revenue through suspicious clicks and improve traffic on their partner’s sites. It is capable to store all your system activities, surfing history, passwords, online preferences and various other sensitive credentials to violate your privacy. It runs unknown tasks into system background that takes too many of system resources and make performance very poor. Generally it packed into the suspicious packages of free third party developed software that do not show their installation lists and silently install the additional software on system along with the source one. So you should always be careful and use “Advanced or Custom” screen rather to use “Express and Default” screen. It saves you from unwanted installations or infection installations.
How To Prevent System From Attack Of DataQuest
- Always use latest and updated system software on system.
- Avoid to click on suspicious or random links.
- Do not visit suspicious sites.
- Try to avoid access of spam emails and their attachments.
- Use a trusted antivirus protection with real time protection feature.
So you are highly suggested to remove DataQuest from infected system by using a reliable anti-malware on system. You can also follow the below given manual steps to eradicate adware from PC.
Learn To Remove DataQuest Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete DataQuest Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of DataQuest Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to DataQuest related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from DataQuest On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing DataQuest from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.