|FickerStealer is a Spyware|
|Trojan Dropped by FickerStealer are Trojan.Win32.Powp.rdf, Trojan:AutoIt/LockScreen.B, TopArcade Hits Virus, Trojan.Inject, Trojan.Spy.Bafi, Virus.Jadtre.gen!A, Not-a-virus:Server-Web.Win32.NetBox.c, Patched.bb, Troj/Kaiten|
|Related spyware Rogue.PC-Antispyware, Softhomesite.com, HitVirus, C-Center, Ppn.exe, Toolbar.Vnbptxlf, DataHealer, IESearch, Shazaa|
|Windows Error caused by FickerStealer are – 0x000000E2, 0x80242002 WU_E_UH_UNKNOWNHANDLER A request for an update handler could not be completed because the handler could not be recognized., 0x80242005 WU_E_UH_WRONGHANDLER An operation did not complete because the wrong handler was specified., 0x8024001E WU_E_SERVICE_STOP Operation did not complete because the service or system was being shut down., 0x00000038, 0xf080F CBS_E_MANIFEST_VALIDATION_DUPLICATE_ELEMENT multiple elements have the same name, 0x8024002D WU_E_SOURCE_ABSENT A full-file update could not be installed because it required the source., 0x80242000 WU_E_UH_REMOTEUNAVAILABLE A request for a remote update handler could not be completed because no remote process is available., 0x80243003 WU_E_INSTALLATION_RESULTS_NOT_FOUND The results of download and installation are not available; the operation may have failed to start.|
|FickerStealer infects these windows .dll files vga64k.dll, Microsoft.Windows.Diagnosis.Commands.WriteDiagProgress.resources.dll, AuxiliaryDisplayApi.dll, secproc.dll, bitsprx2.dll, nmoldwb.dll, msxml2r.dll, catsrvut.dll, tpcps.dll, Microsoft.Windows.Diagnosis.SDEngine.dll|
FickerStealer may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Slideboxx , NCAA Football by EA SPORTS HD 1.0.0 , Xmplify 1.5.5 , Apple MainStage v3.0.4 , Weird Park: The Final Show 1.0 , SycureShell 1.0b5 , iStudio Publisher (Family 3 Pack) 1.2.0 , Microsoft Error Reporting 2.2.9 , Duplicate Image Detector 18.104.22.168 , Rubik’s Cube 1.0.2 , Secret Socks 1.0.1 , Mercalli 2014 2.0.117 , Tunalyzer 1.1 , ScreenCapture 1.0b4 , Gravity Badgers 1.0
Remove FickerStealer From Windows XP|Vista|7|8|10
FickerStealer : Threat’s Summary
|Description||FickerStealer is able to gather your personal data and forward it to the hacker’s remote server.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download FickerStealer Scanner to confirm the attack of FickerStealer virus.|
All You Need To Know About FickerStealer
FickerStealer is a rootkit infection which may be classified as a Trojan virus. Security investigators have noted that the threat uses threatening rootkit techniques in order to infect your systems to carry out its deceptive strategies. Although, it is notoriously difficult to eliminate because when the affected PC users users try to delete it, the malware returns almost immediately. This usually happens because it uses advanced rootkit tactic to infect Windows machines at a particularly deep level and quite difficult to remove. The Trojan may be particularly threatening and disseminated using typical distribution methods, like compromised spam email attachments or phishing websites. Once FickerStealer is installed on a device, it will disable the affected system’s security apps and firewall protection to initiate shut down randomly.
Besides, the Trojan cause a wide variety of other malicious symptoms, such as unwanted browser redirects or frequent system crashing. However, it is quite important to note that the malware seldom attacks alone. FickerStealer may download and install other precarious threats on the compromised device. Threats associated with this nasty cyber infection may endanger your online privacy, and try to gain access to your confidential and sensitive data. Considering this, malware researchers strongly counsel the elimination of this threat. Many cyber security softwares may not be capable of deleting it automatically from PC. Therefore, it is often necessary to employ manual FickerStealer removal methods or a professional tool to deal with such dangerous viruses.
The Many Issues That May Be Caused By FickerStealer
The following characteristics are common problems associated with this Trojan:
- It may be bundled with other types of nasty threats or may be used to spread other viruses.
- Since the threat uses rootkit techniques, it may be very difficult to eradicate with the use of regular anti-virus tools.
- Gather your personal data and forward it to the hacker’s remote server.
- FickerStealer infection may result in severe computer performance issues.
- This malware may take over the entire affected PC and result in the installation of rogue apps.
- Monitor your browsing activities and damages your computer system.
- It may present as a severe threat to your system’s integrity and to the users’ privacy.
- This mischievous Trojan infection usually comes bundled with shareware programs.
Therefore, it is important to take immediate action in order to delete FickerStealer immediately from your affected Windows systems.
Manual FickerStealer Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of FickerStealer
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case FickerStealer, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove FickerStealer Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to FickerStealer infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of FickerStealer infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove FickerStealer, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete FickerStealer
How to View FickerStealer Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the FickerStealer related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access FickerStealer Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by FickerStealer, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide FickerStealer Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with FickerStealer.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide FickerStealer related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of FickerStealer related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View FickerStealer associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by FickerStealer, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.