VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error is among those annoying error on Windows which may degrade your computing experience. According to report, user encounter this error when they open any application or service on Windows computer. VCRUNTIME140.dll is among those dynamic link library file which get loaded only when any software requires it. Because of this error user can’t access some specific software on their computer. if you are also among those Windows user who is suffering from this error then don’t worry. This article will give you detail about this error and solution to resolve it.
What Causes VCRUNTIME140.dll Is Missing Error On Windows?
Before we go through troubleshooting steps to Fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error, it is also important to know the possible reason that causes this error. Here are the possible reason that result in this error :
- It has been seen that many user encounter this error while using Adobe software. The problem occur due to migration of Adobe from Microsoft to Visual C ++.
- Some user also report that they get VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing Error due to VCRUNTIME140.dll Kodi problem. It usually appear when user start Kodi a free media player application.
- User’s have also reported about missing VCRUNTIME140.DLL files which don’t allow WAMP (WampServer) software to run.
Troubleshooting VCRUNTIME140.dll Is Missing Error On Windows
In order to resolve VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error, first uninstall Visual C ++ and re-install it from official website. If the problem persist then check if your system for malware and update security software. I f both the method fails then try the below given fixes :
Method 1 :- Re-register The VCRUNTIME140.dll File
- Open Search box and type cmd. Press Enter
- Right click the search result, choose Run as Administrator
- Type regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll to unregister and press Enter
- Type regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll to re-register and press Enter
Method 2 :- Repair Visual C++ Redistributable (Visual Studio 2015)
- Go to Start Menu then select Control Panel
- After that open Uninstall/change program
- Search for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click Change.
- Avoid clicking on Uninstall, instead select Repair option
- Finally Restart your system
Using aforementioned fixes you can resolve VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error on Windows. If the error still appear then try to re-install the software which you can’t start due to missing VCRUNTIME140.dll file.