RestoLocker Ransomware is a notorious computer virus classified as ransomware designed and developed by group of hackers for income purpose. This malware has enough potential to alter your computer security without permission and intrude into your computer silently. It is mostly get carried out to your PC via spam emails, bundled freeware programs, suspicious links, phishing websites such as torrent or porn websites and other methods. But, spam email is frequently used method. Once successfully installed on your computer, ransomware brutally messes up with your system files and settings. Ransomware most of the time attacks windows computer system.
At first, after getting onto your system it modifies registry entry and insert its malicious programs into it. This enable automatic execution of ransomware each time when you turn on the system. Then it starts scanning your hard drive for targeted files and encrypt all your data. Encryption actually requires a strong algorithm for locking up the files. The encryption algorithm implemented by RestoLocker Ransomware is AES algorithm. This will lock all your important files and data and then add its own extension at the end of all encrypted files making them inaccessible. When you try to open your files this pernicious ransomware will show an error message and demand ransom money to unlock your file.
Ransomware will also place a ransom note on your computer in order to explain about how to decrypt your files. Further, RestoLocker Ransomware also places a ransom image on your computer screen as wallpaper. Ransom note asks you to buy decryptor software to restore your files. It further states that all your files are encoded with a powerful encryption algorithm and you need to buy decryption key so as to unlock your data. And demanded money has to be paid in Bitcoin. Ransomware also mention that it will delete all your files if the time limit is crossed.
However, paying money not only risk your banking details but also make you suffer later. Presence of such nasty malware on your PC may result in abnormal functioning of the compromised system such as frequent system crash, crashing of applications, internet connection problem. Therefore, it is advised you to remove RestoLocker Ransomware quickly from your system without wasting any time with a powerful removal tool.
A: How To Remove RestoLocker Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill RestoLocker Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the RestoLocker Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall RestoLocker Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all RestoLocker Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore RestoLocker Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing RestoLocker Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing RestoLocker Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by RestoLocker Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.