|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected Rodentia Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|Rodentia Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|ZoneAlarm by Check Point||2018.5.1339||Common|
|AutoShun||6.822425||Variant of Win64/Trojan.Rodentia Ransomware.A|
|Yandex Safebrowsing||4.1.427||HitVirus, ShopAtHome.B|
|Suggestion: Uninstall Rodentia Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Rodentia Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Proportions 0.2 , Bigasoft ProRes Converter , GeekBind 1.0 , Ghost for Gmail 1.0 , Inspiration 9.2.2 , FrameThief 2.1.9 , DEVONnote 2.7.5 , ProjectLibre 1.5.1 , Hurler 1.1 , Freebrowse 1.0 , Liya 3.0.5 , Photosounder 1.9.0
Rodentia Ransomware : Ransomware Hailing From A Popular Family
Rodentia Ransomware is a new variant of an infamous Ransomware family virus which has been infecting the Windows computer users since long time. Due to the presence of another nasty version, it seems that cyber criminals are not stopping with these viruses anytime soon. This ransomware, after encoding the targeted file types, uses an extension to mark them in order to make them unusable for the victimized users. In addition to that, Rodentia Ransomware displays a ransom note that can be identified in the affected computer’s desktop. This ransom notification consists victim’s ID and also a contact email address that should be used by the victimized users to contact the virus operators.
The sole intention of this ransomware is to extort money from the affected users by asking them to pay a specific sum of ransom amount within given time period. Although, it uses a strong AES encryption ciphers in order to lock the targeted computer files. Anything from documents or photos to videos and excel files along with archives can be encrypted by Rodentia Ransomware. Since the malware is not picky, so it can encode literally anything on your system. The thing which complicates the recovery of enciphered files is the fact that the ransomware can also delete the Shadow Volume copies of these data. What’s more, it has been found to be capable of modifying the Windows registry entries along with other crucial settings as well.
How To Deal With Rodentia Ransomware?
Having in mind that this threat belongs to a popular family of ransomware, you should remove Rodentia Ransomware from your system right after spotting its vicious attack. Otherwise, the more time that you give for the malware, the more alterations can be done by the threat on your machine. After deleting this threat, you can focus on the restoration of important files. In case, if you try to restore your crucial files while your device is not clean, the ransomware can start yet another file encryption process on your PC.
A full Rodentia Ransomware removal procedure requires using a powerful anti-malware tool. Cyber security analysts remind that only a reputable program can help you scan the entire computer and find those malicious components that might be hiding inside your system. At the time of writing this security article, there is no information available if the Rodentia Ransomware is decryptable. So, better remove the malware and uses alternative method for file recovery.
A: How To Remove Rodentia Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Rodentia Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Rodentia Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Rodentia Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Rodentia Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Rodentia Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Rodentia Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Rodentia Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Rodentia Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.