Is there anyone who can tell me about Scarab-Crypto Ransomware and it’s removal tips. Last night, while scanning my PC with anti-virus software, I discovered that my PC is infected with Scarab-Crypto Ransomware. I have really no idea how it penetrates inside my machine but too much familiar with it’s negative traits because it locks my files and asks me to pay ransom fee. To delete it, I have used my anti-virus software but is unable to do because my stored anti-virus software is outdated. Have you any solution regarding deletion of Scarab-Crypto Ransomware? If so, please suggest me ASAP.
Threat’s Profile of Scarab-Crypto Ransomware
|Threat’s Name||Scarab-Crypto Ransomware|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Originated From||Scarab Ransomware|
|Discovered by||Michael Gillespie|
|Discovered on||March 20th, 2018|
|Belongs to||Amnesia Ransomware Family|
|Ransom Note||HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Description||Scarab-Crypto Ransomware is a newly discovered ransomware that locks users stored files and then after asks victims to pay the ransom demanded fee.|
|Occurrences||via Spam emails, torrent downloads, executable files, infected devices, file sharing sources, drive-by-downloads, exploit kits and much more.|
|Scarab-Crypto Ransomware Removal||Possible|
|To detect & get rid of Scarab-Crypto Ransomware from affected machine, System users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Complete Information Related To Scarab-Crypto Ransomware
Scarab-Crypto Ransomware is another variant of worst ransomware infection discovered by the security analysts on March 20th, 2018. Just like its ancestors, this version of ransomware also uses the AES cryptography algorithm and targets almost all types of files including images, PDFs, videos, documents, databases and much more. The intrusion and behavior of such a Ransomware similar to Amnesia Ransomware. Once targeting files, it makes then unreadable or inaccessible and prevents the affected System users from accessing their files normally.
The locked files or enciphered object of Scarab-Crypto Ransomware can be easily identified because it renames the original file by adding .crypto file encryption. Upon the successful file encryption procedure, Scarab-Crypto Ransomware displays a warning message each time when System users accesses their files. It drops a ransom note entitled as HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT. This text file instructs victims to email the developers of this ransomware via [email protected]
According to the ransom note, the developers or creators of Scarab-Crypto Ransomware can unlock their two files easily at free of cost. Currently, the sum of ransom fee is not exposed in ransom note but victims is demanded to initiate the transaction through Bitcoin wallet in order to get the decryptor. Despite of it’s fact, Security experts are strictly warned victims that they should not pay ransom fee under any circumstances because hackers often ignored victims once ransom fee is submitted. Therefore, affected users must take an immediate action regarding deletion of Scarab-Crypto Ransomware rather than paying ransom fee.
A: How To Remove Scarab-Crypto Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Scarab-Crypto Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Scarab-Crypto Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Scarab-Crypto Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Scarab-Crypto Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Scarab-Crypto Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Scarab-Crypto Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Scarab-Crypto Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Scarab-Crypto Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.