Scarab-Danger Ransomware : Technical Details
|Description||Scarab-Danger Ransomware is able to encode the targeted file types and displays ransom note on each and every folder containing enciphered files or data for ransom payment instructions.|
|Possible Symptoms||File encryption, performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download Scarab-Danger Ransomware Scanner to confirm the attack of Scarab-Danger Ransomware virus.|
What is known about Scarab-Danger Ransomware?
Scarab-Danger Ransomware is a dangerous crypto-virus which encrypts your system files and demands ransom money from you. The threat is related to the family of Scarab Ransomware threat which has already more than 10 different versions that were reported in this year. This malware uses the AES-256 file encryption algorithm in order to make the affected files inaccessible for the users. During the encryption procedure, the threat adds '[email protected]' or '[email protected]' file extension to make the encoded files like images, audio, video, documents, spreadsheets, presentations and databases completely useless for the victimized computer users. For data recovery, the operators of Scarab-Danger Ransomware demands a hefty sum of ransom to provide a decryption tool needed for restoring the files enciphered by this malware.
Once the targeted files has been encrypted, the ransomware displays a file named 'HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED [email protected]' or 'HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED [email protected]' onto the screen of your compromised system. This file is so-called ransom note that can be identified in each and every folder containing enciphered files or data. In this displayed ransom note, the developers of Scarab-Danger Ransomware virus provides the most important information that is decoding the files encrypted by this malware. However, what is most important is that you need to avoid contacting the cyber criminals through the email address provided in the ransom note displayed by the ransomware on your computer screen. This is because, hackers only need your money and may never provide the exact decryption key needed for file restoration.
How Does Scarab-Danger Ransomware Work?
Often the creators of this threat provides little information on the ransom notification that it displays on your computer screen. Cyber extortionists responsible for Scarab-Danger Ransomware attack will ask ransom money in the form of cryptocurrency in order to remain anonymous by security agencies. Hackers do not even care about the victimized users and aren't willing to help them. Hence, you should never trust on them who created this malicious threat. What's more, cyber security analysts are working on developing the official decryptor for this virus and you need to wait until the tool developed or may try some alternative method like employing updated backup copies or data recovery software that might help restore your valuable files. However, it is important for you to understand that the recovery of file should be initiated right after the complete removal of Scarab-Danger Ransomware.
Remove Scarab-Danger Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Scarab-Danger Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Scarab-Danger Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Scarab-Danger Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Scarab-Danger Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Scarab-Danger Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Scarab-Danger Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Scarab-Danger Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Scarab-Danger Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.