What Is Known About Search.findthatsearch.com?
Search.findthatsearch.com is not a trustworthy search tool, so you should avoid using it. Beware that this web portal is known for its arbitrary activity which is performed on every popular browsers like Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla FF, Safari, Internet Explorer, MS Edge and others that were installed on your PC. Among security researchers, this fake search engine is classified as a browser hijacker threat. First of all, this threat attempts to lure computer users into adding Search.findthatsearch.com onto their computer as an additional component attached to freeware programs that they have downloaded recently and installing on the machine. This process is mainly known as bundling.
After that, the threat changes the default browser's settings when it gets installed successfully on user's machine. Even if Search.findthatsearch.com looks legitimate, you should always be aware of its ability to reroute the computer users to sponsored web portals that can be malicious or even malware-laden as well. In comparison with other web browsing tools, this search engine does not stand out much. The plain design of this domain does not attract the user's attention, so it is almost clear that why its creators have started using a deceptive method named 'bundling' for its proliferation. On the other hand, design of this search provider might appeal those web surfers who have been looking for a search tool providing organic or relevant search results.
How Reliable Search.findthatsearch.com Is?
In case, if you are expected to receive search results that can be known as legitimate or trustworthy, then you will be disappointed right away just because the search results that Search.findthatsearch.com provides are fully sponsored. This threat assigns its own attribute to the web browser settings. In addition to that, it can install additional extension or toolbars that do not allow you to modify the parameters to its original state.
As a result, the creators of this hijacker threat make sure that you will put your queries only in this search provider and then Search.findthatsearch.com will get a chance to display sponsored content. However, you should be aware that the Internet is completely full of such annoying cyber infections, so RMV experts strongly recommend sticking to the mos reliable and known ones. Clearly, the operators of this threat wants to get benefit through their illegal actions. So, it is important for you to remove Search.findthatsearch.com from your system as soon as possible.
Manual Steps to Remove Search.findthatsearch.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Search.findthatsearch.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Search.findthatsearch.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Search.findthatsearch.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Search.findthatsearch.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Search.findthatsearch.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Search.findthatsearch.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Search.findthatsearch.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Search.findthatsearch.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Search.findthatsearch.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Search.findthatsearch.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.