In the cyber world, Scarab Ransomware is one of the infamous ransomware that has infected wide range PC. To attack PC across the world, it has launched numerous variant and [email protected] Ransomware is one of its latest variant that uses .sdk file extension to make users victims. If your files are also encrypted with such a file extension and want to decrypt your files easily then go through with this post completely.
[email protected] Ransomware : It's Analysis Report
|Name of Threat||[email protected] Ransomware|
|Variant of||Scarab0Bomber Ransomware|
|Belongs To||Scarab Ransomware family|
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Discovered on||July 26, 2018|
|Ransom Note||HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|To delete [email protected] Ransomware easily forever, users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
All Crucial Facts That You Must Know About [email protected] Ransomware
[email protected] Ransomware is a latest variant of Scarab0Bomber Ransomware identified by security analysts on July 26, 2017. As per the security experts perspective, it belongs to Ransomware family that uses strong AES-256 cipher to lock almost all user-generated System files including audio or video clips, images, documents, databases, PDFs, spreadsheets, presentations and many more. After targeting files, it drops a ransom note entitled as HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT and instructs users to contact with [email protected] email address in order to get the unique file decryptor key.
Know What Ransom Note of [email protected] Ransomware Says
Ransom note includes detailed information about the attack of [email protected] Ransomware. It appears after changing users desktop background and they ask users to pay $500 and more in order to get the unique decryption tool. But team of security experts are warned victims to do so. According to the security analysts, ransom note is nothing than a tricky thing that only aim to extort money from novice users. Therefore, System users take an immediate action to delete [email protected] Ransomware from their PC instead of paying the ransom demanded fee.
Ways Through Which [email protected] Ransomware Infects PC & Makes User Victims
[email protected] Ransomware is very invasive and intrusive ransomware infection that penetrates inside the Windows System without asking for their permission. It uses several tricky channels but mainly spread via the corrupted PDF and DOCX files that contain a special script. Opening of any corrupt PDF or DOC file may lead you to this ransomware. Besides, it also compromise the Windows PC when System users open any torrent downloads, download any cost-free packages from untrusted sources, update existing application or software via redirected link, use any contaminated device and many more. Therefore, System users must be cautious and attentive while doing any online operation.
Remove [email protected] Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove [email protected] Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove [email protected] Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To [email protected] Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find [email protected] Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove [email protected] Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove [email protected] Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the [email protected] Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the [email protected] Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.