Celeb-secret.live : Identified As Another Dubious Site
Over the Internet, there are thousand of dubious site available which is promoted by an adware developer and Celeb-secret.live is one of them. It usually pop-ups on users new tab and ask them to tap or click on Allow button. This site often displayed message as "Celeb-secret.live wants to Show notifications" with Allow and Block button. But it only urges users to click on Allow button to open a site, play a video, connect to Internet, prove system users that they are not robot and many more. After getting such a message, most of the users clicked on Allow button which as a result it give the permission of dubious site to display notifications on device. So, experts never advised victims to believe on Celeb-secret.live and click on Allow button.
|Threat Profile of Celeb-secret.live|
|Name of Threat||Celeb-secret.live|
|Type||Pop-up ads, unwanted ads, push notification ads etc.|
|Serving IP address||18.104.22.168|
|Affected OS||Windows 32 & 64|
|Targeted Browsers||Chrome, IE, Firefox, Edge, Yahoo, Opera etc.|
|Related||Websitetrafficgo36.live, Mediaonline.live, Telecomer.live etc.|
|Description||Celeb-secret.live is an advertising domain designed by an adware developer to generate online revenue.|
|Occurrences||Potentially unwanted application, deceptive pop-up ads, software bundling method, pirated software, fake social media updates, online scams, phishing websites etc.|
|Symptoms||Decreased system speed, displays endless annoying ads, hampers web surfing experience, exploits the System vulnerabilities etc.|
|Deletion Solution||Possible, for the successful deletion of Celeb-secret.live, scan PC with Windows Scanner Tool.|
Main Factors To Delete Celeb-secret.live From Your PC
Celeb-secret.live is a creation of adware developer with sole intention to generate online revenue. It promotes several third-party content on top of search results in hijacked web browser. Clicking on any adverts, links, banners or other displayed by Celeb-secret.live may redirect you to several dubious webpages including :
- Pages that promote the fake optimization utility.
- Alerts webpages that promote online games, dating, casinos and another explicit affairs.
- 3rd-party web browser extension which spies over the browsing activities.
- Pop-ups which encourages user to share the financial and personal details and many more.
Apart from these, Celeb-secret.live is involving into spying over user's web browsing activities which as a result it's developer track on users personal details and gather them for illegal purposes. Since, it do nothing beneficial for users machine, so users are highly advised to delete Celeb-secret.live from their PC immediately.
Learn To Remove Celeb-secret.live Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Celeb-secret.live Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Celeb-secret.live Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Celeb-secret.live related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Celeb-secret.live On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Celeb-secret.live from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.