What is Weather Reports New Tab?
Weather Reports New Tab is a web browser plug-in which is compatible with popular browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and IE. It offers few services that might seem useful. It claims to display the latest and relevant weather forecast in a new tab for various locations. Research report has revealed that many computer users have already got lured by such promises and installed this application unwillingly. More interestingly, majority of the system users misguided into installing this program on their system have removed Weather Reports New Tab from their PC less than a week after its installation. However, if you have been considering the installation of this adware, you should better think twice before downloading and installing it on your computer.
Malware researchers have tested this program and found out that it is a typical potentially unwanted software. In order to be more precise, once it gets inside the targeted machine, Weather Reports New Tab may display an excessive amount of disturbing commercial advertisements on your randomly visited domains. It may display various types of ads, for example, banners, pop-ups, interstitials, in-text links, pop-unders and so on. However, the earmarks of those displayed ads a superscription which especially designed to interrupt your online browsing sessions. Once you click on those advertisements, you will be rerouted to various unfamiliar domains. As a result, you system may get infected with other sorts of hazardous malware by visiting the questionable domains. Therefore, Weather Reports New Tab should be removed from your PC as early as possible.
How Can Weather Reports New Tab Infect Your System?
Learn To Remove Weather Reports New Tab Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Weather Reports New Tab Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Weather Reports New Tab Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Weather Reports New Tab related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Weather Reports New Tab On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Weather Reports New Tab from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.