Depth-Analysis on CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware
CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware is a kind of file-encrypting virus which is especially designed by the team of cyber extortionists in order to infect the computer users located in Persia. This malware was first reported on June 19th, 2018. After analyzing the samples of this ransomware, cyber security researchers revealed that the threat is based on the HiddenTear Open-source ransomware project. According to the research report published by the malware analysts, this precarious cyber infection mainly invades the user's machine whenever they open the malicious RAR archive file appears on their machine attached with junk emails. Besides, the self-extracting archive files are used by the racketeers to install the harmful payload of CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware on targeted computers.
However, the campaign that is being used to spread the payload of this file-encoder virus may be limited to infect the Windows systems located in Iran, but it might expand the distribution method by using the spam bots. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to use a reputable anti-spam filter on your email service provider and also maintain a good or reliable backup manager onto the system in order to prevent CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware attack or recover from its vicious attack. Technically speaking, the ransomware is written in Autolt programming language and it can be probably used as a Data Wiper virus for its developers. At the time of writing this article, the security investigators have not generate a free decryptor to retrieve the affected files back after this cyber infection.
Working Principles of CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware
Malware researchers haven't found any indications that the CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware exports the decryption tool to its associated remote 'Command and Control' server. Meanwhile, the threat is known to encipher the valuable stored on victim's machine like images, spreadsheets, presentations, documents, videos, audio files, PDFs, text and databases. It appends the name of encoded file by adding '.CyberSCCP' extension. Additionally, the ransom notification displayed in two forms. In first, it changes the desktop wallpaper image with ransom message.
In second, the CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware provides ransom payment instructions in a file identified as 'READ_IT.txt'. Moreover, the desktop background image altered by the ransom note of this threat features a gloomy picture of a home in autumn and contains message which says that the victims needs to pay 0.03 BTC to restore the data and contact the operators through '[email protected]' email address. What's more, you should never contact the hackers and pay asked ransom fee, instead delete CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware from PC as early as possible.
Variants of CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware
- AIT:Trojan.Nymeria.200 (B)
- Win32/Packed.Autoit.H suspicious
- Trojan ( 004f28dd1 )
- AIT:Trojan.Nymeria.200 (2x)
A: How To Remove CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by CyberSCCP Crypto Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.