Is any search made from your web browser or search engines are being redirected to Startupfraction.com? Then it is very sad that you are infected with browser hijacker and is used to infect system badly. But you need not to panic as you can get rid of it easily. All you need is to follow the removal instructions given below carefully.
Startupfraction.com is a fake internet search provider which is designed by a group of hackers and is way to earn profits. A browser hijacker mainly targets browsers which include Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome, Internet Explorer and other browsers. Malicious search engine looks so appealing and genuine that you start using this search provider without bothering about its details. This fake search engine promises you that it will provide better search results and allow quick and fast accessing of the internet. This hazardous virus can embed corrupted codes to junk email attachments and phishing websites like pornography or torrent.
Also Startupfraction.com comes bundled with free programs. Mostly, computer users are keen on installing freeware or shareware applications or even through unreliable web pages. Such browser hijacker does not need your permission to get installed on your PC. It easily hides itself within the free applications since free applications do not disclose details of additional software. And undoubtedly this virus gets into your system when you install free programs without paying attention and selecting default installation wizard. There is no doubt that you mus pay more attention when you are online and surfing the net.
Once Startupfraction.com virus enters your system, it will modify default DNS configurations and homepage so that it can assist cyber crooks in hijacking your installed browsers. It is possible that this fake search engine may add some malicious toolbar or add-on to the web browsers without asking any approval. Apart from web browsers, it also make some alterations in other parts of the system. Hijacker virus can occupy most of the system resources and running its application. As a result, system runs more slowly than before. Hence, it is not good to let Startupfraction.com stand for longer time on your system. Thus, delete it as soon as possible from your system. Simply start your PC in safe mode and remove virus from the system.
Manual Steps to Remove Startupfraction.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Startupfraction.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Startupfraction.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Startupfraction.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Startupfraction.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Startupfraction.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Startupfraction.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Startupfraction.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Startupfraction.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Startupfraction.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Startupfraction.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.