Introduction of Grato Scanner
Grato Scanner is a dubious software that listed under the adware category. Although, it is promoted as a free anti-virus software developed by the South-Korean company that registered as Logon Net. This product is mainly distributed into two version, one for the Korean market and other for English speaking users that seems to be only offered by Korean company's site. This product includes the System optimization capabilities and the security scanner at its core. To attract more and more Computer users, it is promoted as a truthful but you should not trust on it because it is just an adware program created by the group of cyber hackers with evil intentions.
Complete Details of Grato Scanner That You Must Know About It
Once lurking inside the PC automatically, Grato Scanner perform a fake scan and display the list of some malware that found on your PC. After seeing fake list of malware, most of the Computer user easily use this program to delete malware. But in reality, it does not do any beneficial thing for your PC. It is mainly known to modify the registry entries and tamper the Windows updates settings. Such an application mainly add some dubious toolbar in all installed browser including Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and much more.
After infecting browsers and making unnecessary modifications, it will display several unwanted and annoying pop-up ads on your screen in the several form such as 'Ads by Grato Scanner', 'Powered by Grato Scanner', 'Sponsored by Grato Scanner', 'Advertisement by Grato Scanner', or 'Brought to you by Grato Scanner'. The con artists of such an adware usually developed such an adware to earn money from novice users. For this, they generated the advertisements based on the pay-per-click platform. Clicking on any sponsored ads or links accidentally or intentionally will boost web traffic and generate online revenues for the third-party. Additionally, it can drop other dubious application and execute them at system background which as a result consume more Computer resources and downpour overall System as well as network performance speed. Therefore, you must follow the instruction and delete Grato Scanner from your PC.
Proliferation Channels That Used By Grato Scanner
There are various ways through which hackers distribute Grato Scanner and attack Windows PC but some of the most common infiltration channels are listed below :
- It usually spread from it's official domain.
- It can attack your PC through free software distribution platforms.
- System may infected with such an adware via spam campaigns.
- Grato Scanner can attack your System when you download & install any pirated software.
- The another distribution channels of adware are gambling sites, infected devices, file sharing sources and much more.
Learn To Remove Grato Scanner Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Grato Scanner Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Grato Scanner Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Grato Scanner related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Grato Scanner On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Grato Scanner from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.