[email protected] Virus : Technical Details
|Name||[email protected] Virus|
|Description||[email protected] Virus is able to make the user's files inaccessible by encoding them and adding a weird file extension.|
|Possible Symptoms||File encryption, performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download [email protected] Virus Scanner to confirm the attack of [email protected] Virus.|
Brief Description on [email protected] Virus
[email protected] Virus is a dangerous ransomware infection which uses strong algorithm in order to encode the files saved on victim's computer. After following the successful encryption, affected system users are no longer able to access the files that were marked with a specific but weird file extension at the end. Besides, the victimized users were informed about the attack of this vicious ransomware virus in the ransom note that it displays on their machine. The ransom note shown by [email protected] Virus states that the compromised system users can restore their files right after contacting the malware operators through '[email protected]' email address.
After the malware reached the targeted Windows systems, people have a limited time period to make the ransom payment. However, this is a common tactic which is employed by the criminal hackers in order intimidate the infected users and lure them to make ransom payment immediately. Generally, the ransom fee for the decryption tool needed to restore the [email protected] Virus encrypted files is never the same, since the cyber criminals continue to blackmail the victimized users once they contact them. Hence, you should always keep in your mind that the attack of this threat indicates that racketeers are not likely to stop their vicious activity.
Main Objectives of [email protected] Virus
Cyber criminals behind this destructive infection offers free decryption of 3 files. However, this is yet another attempt to gain the user's trust and make the ransom payment for the hackers. Note that by paying asked ransom money to the creators of [email protected] Virus, you support the illegal activity of crooks and motivate them to continue developing such malicious threats. Be aware that there are some alternative options available using which you can easily get back your files without making the ransom transaction. For this reason, security investigators at RMV strongly recommend the affected computer users to take immediate action for [email protected] Virus removal.
How To Deal with [email protected] Virus?
Since it is a dangerous infection, it might protect itself from the complete deletion. However, you can easily learn the procedure to remove the malware by following the below mentioned instructions. Note that the ransomware elimination process is a complicated task which requires help from the professionals. Although, RMV researchers recommend you an easier way to delete the [email protected] Virus from your PC permanently is by employing a robust anti-malware tool and complete the deletion procedure automatically. For that, we suggest using a powerful tool provided in this post.
Remove [email protected] Virus From Your PC
Step 1: Remove [email protected] Virus in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove [email protected] Virus using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To [email protected] Virus
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find [email protected] Virus related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove [email protected] Virus Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove [email protected] Virus related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the [email protected] Virus virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the [email protected] Virus infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.