|Infected System||8, 8.1, 10, Vista, 7, XP.|
|Affected Browser||Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge.|
|Distributive Ways||Peer to peer file sharing network, malicious pop-up ads, corrupted external drives etc.|
An Overview About NRSMiner
NRSMiner is a recently detected crypto-currency miner virus that has been categorized under the Trojans family. This is seriously a dangerous malware that causes many problematic issues to the companies of Asia, Japan and China countries. It can affects various kind of Windows Operating System like XP, 8, 7, Vista, 10, 8.1 etc. and many famous Web Browsers Search Engines such as Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari etc. It can install any latest version of malware into the compromised system and also allows to delete all the old files for cover up the tracks. The main aim behind the creation of such miner by the con artist is to earn online illegal money from the innocent users of the corrupted machine.
Significance Of NRSMiner
Defective Aspects Of NRSMiner
NRSMiner is a biggest threat for the users security as well as its privacy because it is capable of collecting financial data, tracking the web activities, gathering personal informations that can be shared with the remote hackers for evil purposes. It can displays some fake warning alert notifications that constantly damages the system vulnerability. It is able to install a malicious ransomware into the contaminated machine that encrypts the sensitive data files and ask the users to pay for its decryption key. It can stops the running security applications like anti-virus programs and firewall protection mechanism of the affected devices.
How To Uninstall NRSMiner
You can use the two effective techniques for uninstalling this NRSMiner Trojan from the affected computer system in a very user friendly manner by using either manual or automatic methods.
Steps to Remove NRSMiner
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate NRSMiner
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by NRSMiner
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by NRSMiner and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by NRSMiner
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by NRSMiner and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to NRSMiner. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the NRSMiner related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by NRSMiner, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate NRSMiner Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the NRSMiner Running Processes.
- Right Click on NRSMiner and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove NRSMiner Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by NRSMiner and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete NRSMiner Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove NRSMiner, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!