TheMovie-Hub.net : Proven As Untrustworthy Site
TheMovie-Hub.net or Movie Quest is a movie-themed deceptive search domain created by the FirstGate Mobile Limited. It is promoted as a helpful domain that claims to help Web surfers to decide on which movie to watch in next by providing the trailers, clips and latest news on movies. At the first appearances, it is promoted as a very helpful domain but actually it is linked with a notorious browser hijacker infection that aims to trick more and more users. When you will search any news related to movie then it will lead you to a new tab and generate results from the Yahoo database which means it does not have its own database. This domain acts only just as a middle man between the web surfers and Yahoo database. Before getting details, about it's infiltration method, harmful impacts and removal tips, see how TheMovie-Hub.net looks like :
Transmission Preferences of TheMovie-Hub.net
Belonging to the member of the notorious browser hijacker infection, TheMovie-Hub.net uses lots of deceptive channels to victimized Windows System but it mainly spread via software bundling. Bundling method allows group of hackers to install such a browser hijacker, adware or PUP as an additional component along with the freeware or shareware programs. The developers of browser hijacker and other notorious infection knows very well that users often perform the installation step in hurry by opting default/typical installation mode. Therefore, it is highly recommended to pay attention while performing the installation wizard. You must read software license, accept EULA and select Recommended/Quick installation to avoid the installation of TheMovie-Hub.net or other web browser hijacker infection.
Malicious Doing of TheMovie-Hub.net
Being a browser hijacker, TheMovie-Hub.net can cause lots of annoyances and problems for you. Upon getting installed, first of all, it will hijack user's all browser and make unnecessary modifications. After replacing existing homepage or default search engine, it will automatically redirect you to TheMovie-Hub.net or it's associated domain to boost web traffic and earn online money. Additionally, it download other dubious application and execute them at System background which as a result consume too much Computer resources and degrades overall performance speed. The biggest issues related to this browser hijacker infection is that it records user's browsing session and gather their all sensitive information. Therefore, deletion of TheMovie-Hub.net is required from the infected web browsers easily and completely.
Manual Steps to Remove TheMovie-Hub.net From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove TheMovie-Hub.net related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete TheMovie-Hub.net completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean TheMovie-Hub.net related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall TheMovie-Hub.net and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With TheMovie-Hub.net
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the TheMovie-Hub.net related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove TheMovie-Hub.net related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove TheMovie-Hub.net related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove TheMovie-Hub.net related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of TheMovie-Hub.net from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.