|Displayed publisher: Exe.io|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Exe.io|
|Program executable: Exe.io.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\Exe.io\Exe.io.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) Exe.io.dll|
|Adware.Win64.Exe.io.BC by McAfee|
|Variant of Win64/AdWare.Exe.io.C by ThreatHive|
|AUNPS by AVG|
|Remove Exe.io Now !|
Exe.io may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them MacJournal , The Achaean 1.0.2 , BlockHero 1.0 , LazyMouse 2.5 , Mine Game 1.4 , Kokono 1.1 , Farm Frenzy 3: Russian Village 1.0 , Xeoma 1.0 , Parallels Desktop , Coast Defense 1.0 , Craigslist Pro for iPhone/iPod 3.24 , URL Access 1.0 , Tone Mapping plugin 1.2.1 , Machine Wash Deluxe 2.0 , FontNuke 1.2.6
Info About Exe.io
Exe.io is an adware program that may be used by cyber crooks for advertising purposes to display commercial ads onto the infected system screen. Some of its displayed advertisements may inform you about the latest offers, discounts, coupons and also about the missing program updates. In most of the cases, users are informed about the outdated download manager, Flash, Java Player, one of the installed browsers and other similar softwares. However, security researchers can almost assure you that none of those applications are outdated. To check the programs are really outdated or not, instead of clicking on Exe.io, you should visit the official websites of these softwares.
Besides, you should also know another thing is that if you have been seeing these pop-ups during your online browsing sessions, then it means that your machine is affected by an adware-type application. What’s more, there is no surprise if you cannot remember the exact time when such annoying application responsible for showing Exe.io had entered your system because these softwares are mostly distributed without user’s permission asked. You can easily install such potentially undesired applications while downloading and installing freeware, shareware and similar apps.
How Does Exe.io Work?
As soon as the adware application invade your Windows computer, it may infect each of the Internet browsers installed on your machine and started displaying Exe.io whenever you try to surf the Internet. In addition to that, you may also notice unwanted browser redirects and system slow downs as well. In case, if any of the ads or pop-ups offered you to download so-called legitimate updates of well-known applications, then you should ignore them and start looking for adware removal. If you want to delete Exe.io completely from your PC, you need to scan your computer with a credible anti-spyware tool recommended below in this post.
How Can Exe.io Infect Your System?
Ad-supported toolbars that are related to this threat are often traveling around the bundled freewares apps and sharewares. If you have downloaded a suspicious program and moving for its installation, beware that you may install additional or recommended components as well. Moreover, cyber crooks behind Exe.io are often using some other corrupted or unsafe methods to distribute adware infections. You should avoid visiting unsafe domains and avoid clicking on third party links or ads displayed on redirected websites in order to prevent your machine from getting infected with adware threats.
Step:1 Remove Exe.io or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Exe.io or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Exe.io or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Exe.io
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Exe.io from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Exe.io
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Exe.io will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Exe.io
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Exe.io in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Exe.io
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Exe.io while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Exe.io Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Exe.io
How to Block Exe.io Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Exe.io exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Exe.io Removal