|Displayed publisher: Fake Tumblr Extension|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Fake Tumblr Extension|
|Program executable: Fake Tumblr Extension.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\Fake Tumblr Extension\Fake Tumblr Extension.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) Fake Tumblr Extension.dll|
|Adware.Win32.Fake Tumblr Extension.AB by Cyren|
|Variant of Win32/AdWare.Fake Tumblr Extension.B by Trustwave|
|PowerStrip by Arcabit|
|Remove Fake Tumblr Extension Now !|
Fake Tumblr Extension may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them SwitchPic X 2.0.1 , Super Foul Egg 1.4 , Point of View 1.0.2 , TextLightning 3.3 , Dropzone 3.2.1 , Tipard iPad Video Converter , Ponere 2.0.2 , Flashcard Hero Free , Scrutiny 5.9.3 , Earthlink 2.6.3 , PG Bridge 1.0 , UnRarX , Worms Blast 1.0 , Classix 10k 1.2 , Aquallegro 5.1 , Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.7 , Radius VideoVision Transcoder 1.0.1
Fake Tumblr Extension is a shady application developed which is categorized as adware. It mainly works as a potentially unwanted program that can invade the targeted Windows machine silently and modify the default browser’s settings to display various commercial ads on infected computer screen. According to the cyber security researchers, this radio-themed program is not reliable for the PC users. It might infiltrate your machine during the installation of freeware programs. After getting inside the computer, the very first thing that Fake Tumblr Extension does on the affected machine is the alteration of default browser settings. It might modify default homepage, new tab URL address and search engine with its custom domain.
Should You Keep Using Fake Tumblr Extension ?
Due to the presence of this annoying application, infected PC users are forced to deal with unwanted browser redirect issue that it may cause on the system. Besides, Fake Tumblr Extension only redirects to search result page to unsafe sites and also force affected users to visit promotional domains. However, the main problem here is that computer users might end up on a high-risk portal where that can suffer from various notorious system infections. In addition to that, it might gather various information from the infected machine.
What To Do After Fake Tumblr Extension Intrusion?
The threat not only affect your browsing sessions but might also flood your mailbox or inbox with useless or even malicious commercial content. In such circumstances, Fake Tumblr Extension removal will help you to avoid these consequences. Therefore, you need to delete this threat quickly from your computer. After that, you will be able to set your desired search provider as a preferred or default one and always be sure that evil-minded people will not get access to your personal and sensitive data at any cost. So, remove Fake Tumblr Extension using manual or automatic methods give below in the article.
Learn To Remove Fake Tumblr Extension Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Fake Tumblr Extension Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Fake Tumblr Extension Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Fake Tumblr Extension related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Fake Tumblr Extension On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Fake Tumblr Extension from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.