|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected Project57 Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|Project57 Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|ALYac||8.247321||Variant of Win32/Trojan.Project57 Ransomware.B|
|Spam404||6.3.554||SavingBot Shopper, HitVirus|
|Suggestion: Uninstall Project57 Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Project57 Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them BonkTown 2.7 , TicketDrum 3.0.21 , Babiloo 2.0.3 , Dave’s Hollywood Minute 1.0 , FanRadio 1.1.0 , BookLightning 1.7.4 , Mozart ME 2.4.1 , Link2TB2 1.0.6 , Code Barre 1.5 , AimSniff 1.2.1 , Washington Coastal Webcam Widget 1.1 , HP ScanJet 4570c/5500c 8.4
Actions Performed By Project57 Ransomware
Project57 Ransomware is identified by security analysts as another crypto demanding virus belongs to a ransomware family. Being an invasive and intrusive infection, it penetrates inside the PC silently and after that it immediately stops the security software. It creates its copies and add to registry so that it can start itself automatically when you restart your Computer. It uses asymmetric AES cipher algorithm to lock users targeted files such as audios, videos, images, databases, documents, PDFs and many more. Similar to another crypto demanding cyber threat, Project57 Ransomware encrypts users files just only for financial purposes because after locking files, it asks victims to pay large sum of ransom fee. It often displays ransom note that includes instruction on how to make contact with cyber crooks or pay ransom fee.
Ways Through Which Recognize The Affected Files Of Project57 Ransomware
Project57 Ransomware is really worrisome ransomware infection that is specifically designed by applying custom AES-256 cipher. The affected files of this ransomware are featured with the blank icons and the executing program often minimized to taskbar and the open source for new program window entitled as “Uninstall”. However the window of Project57 Ransomware is not generated by the Microsoft Windows. After getting it’s ransom message, most of the System users decided to pay ransom fee to decrypt files. If you are also one of those affected users who decided to pay ransom fee to creators of Project57 Ransomware then it is one of your bad decision because there is zero guarantee that your files will be decrypted even paying large sum of ransom fee. Instead of paying the large sum of ransom fee, users are highly advised to get rid of Project57 Ransomware ASAP.
A: How To Remove Project57 Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Project57 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Project57 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Project57 Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Project57 Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Project57 Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Project57 Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Project57 Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Project57 Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.