|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected .ceph file virus as threat to your computer|
|.ceph file virus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|K7GW||3.1.547847||Trj.Win32..ceph file virus.AB|
|Avast-Mobile||4.124815||Variant of Win32/Trojan..ceph file virus.C|
|Virusdie External Site Scan||4.5.255||Spyware.ReplaceSearch, Vapidab|
|Suggestion: Uninstall .ceph file virus Completely – Free Download|
.ceph file virus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them NetOp Host 7.6 , GoogleBar 1.2 , Browse Volumes Lite 1.4.2 , Battle of Midway Pro 1.0 , CocoaZip 3.0 , Where Angels Cry 1.0 , Adobe Save As XML Plug-In 1.0b2 , DVDesktop 1.1.2 , CanoScan Toolbox 22.214.171.124 , Ext2 Filesystem 1.4d4 , Macattrick 0.1 , TaV2004 1.5.0 , KidsPainter
In-depth Information Regarding .ceph file virus
.ceph file virus is a file encrypting malware that can be damaging for the function of a targeted system. Security researchers discovered this trojan recently. The ransomware shares many of its features with other ransomware that have gained popularity. These malware share similar features of file encryption. They accomplish this by infecting a system with infectious payload that easily gets distributed through spam mails and bundled softwares. The mail containing .ceph file virus is designed to catch user’s attention by putting names of reputed firms and displaying their design templates. This can easily deceive users and make them read the attachments of these messages. The payloads are generally embedded within the documents that wants users to click on them so that the executable file can enable itself and secretly install within the system. .ceph file virus has been observed to be spreading using software bundles which carries the payload within a legitimate file format which makes it successful in evading detection from users or their weak anti-virus application. The purpose of this ransomware is to make users believe that only the threat actors can help them in decrypting their files back for which users need to pay a heavy ransom so that they can obtain a private decryption key from the hackers.
.ceph file virus immediately after getting installed encrypts several files such as images, texts, audio, video, documents, databases, archives and backups using a strong AES-256 encryption algorithm. This is followed by changing the file names of encrypted files and adding an extension to the files. The files soon become unreadable by the operating system and hence is of no use unless restored using strong data recovery software, such as one provided here. The encrypted files can be identified carrying a white icon. .ceph file virus immediately places a ransom note in every folder of the system and also on the desktop. The note is contained in a file. The contents of the file inform users that their system has been attacked by the ransomware and the files have been encrypted which can only be recovered by a private decryption key that was sent to remote servers. If users would like to recover their files and obtain that decryption key they need to contact on the mentioned email address. This is unlikely to help users affected by this ransomware and hence they should never contact them. .ceph file virus has been found to negotiate the ransom amount however users can follow these steps to remove it completely.
A: How To Remove .ceph file virus From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill .ceph file virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the .ceph file virus related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall .ceph file virus From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .ceph file virus related items from list.
B: How to Restore .ceph file virus Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing .ceph file virus from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing .ceph file virus from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by .ceph file virus with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.