|Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 is a Spyware|
|Trojan Dropped by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 are Trojan-Downloader.Cntr.v, Trojan.Spy.Bancos.gen!K, PWSteal.Zbot.gen!AF, Tibs.H, Sagipsul, W32/Rabbit.FR, Mcon Trojan, PWSteal.OnLineGames, Trojan.Sinis.C, Email-Worm.Win32.Brontok.ai|
|Related spyware SpyDestroy Pro, Worm.Storm, HelpExpress, Spyware.ReplaceSearch, DataHealer, RemoteAdmin.GotomyPC.a, iOpusEmailLogger, W32.Randex.gen, ASecureForum.com, NetSky, MSN Chat Monitor and Sniffer, Killmbr.exe|
|Windows Error caused by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 are – 0x00000119, 0x8024402F WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS External cab file processing completed with some errors., 0x00000045, 0x0000000D, 0x00000013, 0x80248008 WU_E_DS_MISSINGDATA The data store is missing required information or has a NULL in a table column that requires a non-null value., 0x80240040 WU_E_NO_SERVER_CORE_SUPPORT WUA API method does not run on Server Core installation., 0x80242005 WU_E_UH_WRONGHANDLER An operation did not complete because the wrong handler was specified., 0x80244009 WU_E_PT_SOAPCLIENT_READ Same as SOAPCLIENT_READ_ERROR – SOAP client failed while reading the response from the server.|
|Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 infects these windows .dll files colbact.dll, ksuser.dll, adv11nt5.dll, igfxTMM.dll, mprmsg.dll, System.Transactions.ni.dll, StorMigPlugin.dll, wmmfilt.dll, NlsLexicons000c.dll, nlsbres.dll, linkinfo.dll, filemgmt.dll, wcnwiz.dll, mqsec.dll|
Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Nanosaur Updater 1.3.4 , Incredible Bee Archiver 2.2.0 , iCook 1.0 , Dreambox Remote 1.0 , iPubsoft PDF Combiner , Order Manager 1.5 , Fakie Flair Challenge 1.2 , CADintosh X 8.0.1 , Blocs 1.3.0 , iPod Playlist Cloner X 1.2 , OmniGrowl , The Great International Word Search! 1.0.7 , Free Game Icons 2011.1 , Shiny Groove 1.0.5
How Can One Remove Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 From PC
Everything was fine till last night. Today as I opened my PC I got an alert message to update Adobe Reader. As it is an application which I use frequently therefore I accepted the terms and condition to update it in a hurry. But suddenly I came to notice that Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 has also get installed in my PC due to the fake update done by me. I was alerted by my antivirus program about its entry, but it was not able to trace its location. Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 is now creating problems for me to work properly. Someone please help me to come out of this situation.
Threat Summary Of Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1
|Symptoms||Generates unwanted search results, pop-ups ad, makes certain applications inaccessible|
|Distribution Channel||Spam email messages|
Concise Explanation Of Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1
Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 is an unwanted program which belongs to the family of trojan that capable to alters your browsing experience by generating some unwanted and irrelevant search results, increases traffic to some advertisements sites by which it earns for its developer on the basis of pay-per-click. The family bombarded by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 performs different functions such as downloading updates which are generally fake updates which help the trojan to add more dangerous malware to your computer.
Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 is developed using some potential algorithm which makes it difficult for your antivirus to detect and remove it easily. If it manages to persist for a long duration in your PC it can corrupt some program files which can make certain application inaccessible. It may also register a new entry in your Window’s registry using which it will automatically initiate itself each time you reboot your system. It is also capable of stealing your personal data like user id, password, banking details and many more. As it increases the utilization of CPU by downloading junk files which covers all the remaining memory of the computer results in system hang or collapse.
How Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 Enters Your PC?
Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 enters into your PC at the time you open an attachment to an spam email. Spam email makes you aggressive and anxious to know about the underlying information in the mail, if you get tricked by the trojan to open the attachment your system will soon be injected by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1. It may also intrude into your PC at the time of downloading updates of some software from the sites which don’t have good reputation.
Steps to Remove Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 Running Processes.
- Right Click on Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1 Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.MLT.1, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!